• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

P-Okemo-n

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Time Skied: 10-4
Conditions: Fast packed powder, powder in trees
Weather:
10-12: light snow, windy, cold ; 12-4: Wind died down then picked up again, cloudy

Took my first run over to the Northstar at 10am. Only a 3 minute wait! At Okemo? On the Northstar? At 10! Gotta love post-touron ski season :grin:. Headed to Jackson Gore. My first run was Supernova- dust on crust. Sucked. Thought higher elevation would help, so I tried Black Hole. Boy, did it help! A great run! Lapped it 3 times. Was stupid and did Big Bang. Was OK till it merged with Eclipse, then I got ice moguls. At noon I went to Glades/South Face and did my off-map stuff (which still had plenty of fresh powder!) and some on-map stuff. That held me off til closing bell. Probably my second best day this year!

Crowds were light. Coverage is great. Get it while you can.

Construction has started on South Face Village! See the thread in the "main" forum!

Outrage (or is it Double Diamond?)
Okemo 3 22 003.jpg

******* Glade
Okemo 3 22 008.jpg

Last edited:

sf77

I'm sure the crowds were light. I'm surprised that some trails had ice underneath after the recent snowstorms.
Is that second picture in a "secret glade" in South Face?

jaysunn

Nice report. yeah gotta love when everyone thinks skiing is over, and praying for warm weather, K was dead on Sat. Sun.
Just pass holders and crazies.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
The second picture? It was taken from the top where it's flat. It gets pretty steep though. It stays tight. There's a 5 foot hucker that's fun when you're got enough snow (like now).

If you're loling at the first picture...I would have to agree :-D