• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skiing in June this year in NNY

Warp Daddy

:spread:the Queen and i just back from a brisk 3 miler along the riverfront .

The Snow in my yard still 3 feet deep on the level , snowbanks at shoulder height along streets and driveways , 12 degree temps, very brisk NW winds .

Spring , i think Not, With no end in sight according to local weather guessers ,so if lifts still spin the season will Be Looooong ,otherwise earned turns will be made . Spring kiddie sports will be hard pressed to get on any field up here for some time .THIS has been a winter akin to those of the early 1970's .

Im loving it ,but the wails and moans of the couch potatoes are at an all time high :x But i have great fun needling them to get active and so some fun stuff instead of bitching about chit u have zeeeeero control over

Cornhead

View attachment 11907
Third day of Spring atop Mansfield, can't wait to harvest corn later. They're claiming 4-6" overnight, but seems like more in places. They've had 6ft in March. I long for Spring activities too, but it can wait.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

xwhaler

Everywhere across northern New England has arguably the best conditions of the season right now. We are at Burke today and its in phenomenal shape at 100% open

MadMadWorld

View attachment 11907
Third day of Spring atop Mansfield, can't wait to harvest corn later. They're claiming 4-6" overnight, but seems like more in places. They've had 6ft in March. I long for Spring activities too, but it can wait.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Stowe is actually one of the few mountains in NE that give an accurate snowfall total. At times they even under report. It's kind of my motto, under promise over deliver.

Savemeasammy

Stowe is actually one of the few mountains in NE that give an accurate snowfall total. At times they even under report. It's kind of my motto, under promise over deliver.

^Snowlover would have had a ball with this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk