• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How do you carry your skis?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Once upon a time, about five years ago, I was met by one of the greeters at the Sugarbush drop-off area. He offered to carry my skis up the steps, at no charge. Well, lazy dog that I am, I took him up on it. Guess in hindsight I should have tipped him!

bigbog

Old style, skis go over the shoulder. Sewed velcro onto the accessory bag for the poles. Once in a while I'll use the schoolbus from the remote lots if I get there after first chair. Off-resort it's just drop skis and poles into carrier onboard the snowmombile(my favorite by far).

dlague

My wife and I go the boyfriend girlfriend route! Waaaaait a minute - she should be carrying her own stuff!

xlr8r

Pimp Stick for short distances or for Gondola/Tram Lines.

Local for everything else, but I do it with the center of the binding on the shoulder.

legalskier

They left one out: "the Dad"

Roterberg-Skiing+097-759133.JPG

Abominable

Once upon a time, about five years ago, I was met by one of the greeters at the Sugarbush drop-off area. He offered to carry my skis up the steps, at no charge. Well, lazy dog that I am, I took him up on it. Guess in hindsight I should have tipped him!

"The Valet"

or maybe

"The One Percent"

Best part of the video is the snowboarder wiping out at .30

hammer

That's not funny. That's true!
I don't understand how kids with so much energy and strength can be so lazy. Maybe it's because the parents can be manipulated? ;)
The problem I found when my kids were younger was that I wanted to get out on the hill so much I was willing to deal with the kids' stuff...and they knew it.

Euler

I don't understand how kids with so much energy and strength can be so lazy. Maybe it's because the parents can be manipulated? ;)
This is what Transpacks were made for. As soon as my kids could carry the weight they hauled their boots/helmet/etc in a backpack.

spiderpig

I think they did the reverse local wrong in the video based on the regular local, but that's what I do, with the skis on my right shoulder, tails down in front. I have never seen the hobo or the Oklahoma suitcase, but I will have to try them!

legalskier

Yep. Been there, done that.

This is what Transpacks were made for. As soon as my kids could carry the weight they hauled their boots/helmet/etc in a backpack.

Transpacks came along just after my kids got big enough to carry their own stuff.
:sad: