• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Don't watch if you like mountain creek

Mapnut

Traction, not the kind between tire and pavement. I just read an interesting article in the American Bar Association Journal (my daughter's copy) about risks and liability in extreme sports. It dealt with the growing popularity of obstacle courses, mainly Tough Mudder, which are deliberately designed to be dangerous. It seems the more you emphasize the danger in your PR, the less liability you have because you're trying to attract people who want that element of risk. Of course they still have to sign a waiver. IIRC the article said one person has died in Tough Mudder, drowned in a muddy pool because no one could see him under the muddy water.

4aprice

class action park

Traction, not the kind between tire and pavement. I just read an interesting article in the American Bar Association Journal (my daughter's copy) about risks and liability in extreme sports. It dealt with the growing popularity of obstacle courses, mainly Tough Mudder, which are deliberately designed to be dangerous. It seems the more you emphasize the danger in your PR, the less liability you have because you're trying to attract people who want that element of risk. Of course they still have to sign a waiver. IIRC the article said one person has died in Tough Mudder, drowned in a muddy pool because no one could see him under the muddy water.

It will never be the same. As SMH has pointed out in the past that was a much simpler time. Law suit happy NJ taking away a lot of our fun these days.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Mapnut

Really? Wouldn't it be better if the park can operate without so many injuries? Won't they draw more people if they can overcome the old reputation? The owner didn't seem to mind the oversight.