• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smuggs 3/6 to 3/9

lerops

Another late TR.

It was a very good trip. Put daughter in the ski school. She was riding the lifts in no time, having a lot of fun. The conditions were quite good, although this was before the snow in the last two weeks. 3 out of the 4 days were bluebird, so nice that you could see all the way to Killington/Okemo as well as Jay Peak and Mt. Washington. One of the days was foggy and slightly snowy, but not much.

I skied some trees with an instructor, which was great. Some moguls were icy on the bottom, but otherwise good. I think the terrain really helped with my skiing. Really nice mountain. I mostly skied the Sterling Mountain, I liked it all, especially the narrow trails off of the peak. Also loved FIS on Madonna.

Everything related to skiing is very nice about this place. I don't mind the slow lifts, but weekday lift lines were a little annoying. No big deal, though. By the way, the Canadians were all over due to their Spring Break. Being a skier is tough. You have to know the weather, vacation schedules across countries, etc. :spread:

Can't wait to go back. Thanks for the recommendations.

Attachments

• IMG-20140308-00183.jpg
    IMG-20140308-00183.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20140308-00184.jpg
    IMG-20140308-00184.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Cambridge-20140309-00205.jpg
    Cambridge-20140309-00205.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 24

legalskier

Sounds like it was your daughter's first time on skis. Congrats! Hope she has many more fun times.

legalskier

We had our daughter on tiny skis very early- we had fun times over many years. But we haven't skied together in several years (college & grad school will do that)- so I was thrilled when we finally got out again this weekend.
Enjoy every moment you have with her.
:beer: