• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush trip report 3/22/2014

rocks860

Ski area: Sugarbush, Lincoln peak only unfortunately
Dates skied: 3/22/2014

Conditions: powder/packed powder

Decided to head up to Sugarbush for the day from CT, couldn't pass up all the snow. Left at about 5:30 and got there right around 9. A few flakes were falling as i drove up the access road. Started out on gate house and took the northridge up to the top. First run was down morningstar and the snow was fantastic. In between the moguls had gotten a little icy but there was plenty of snow to be found, Took another run down birch and then headed over the castlerock lift. The line was huge and took about 20-25 minutes to get on. Took a run down middle earth and was pleasantly surprised despite all the people skiing castlerock. Didnt really feel like waiting in that line again so i headed over to heaven's gate. Ripcord sounded a little scratchy riding up the lift but it skiied a lot better than it sounded, the snow was fantastic eary on in the day, The plan was to hit up slide brook and skiing mt ellen for a while but slide brook, north ridge and heaven's gate all went on wind hold around mid day. Didn't really feel like taking the shuttle, although it sounds like it was great over there. Wasnt really surprising as it was gusting super hard early in the day. Ended up taking some more runs on bravo and gate house. Murphy's glade and twist had some fantastic snow. Heaven's gate finally opened up again and I took a few more runs down ripcord and jester. All together a great day and definitely worth the trip. Highlights of the day were Morningstar, ripcord, and murphy's. Grew up skiing Sugarbush and it continues to be my favorite mountain.

e9uhuza3.jpg
esegugah.jpg
je2e6a3y.jpg
adu5evas.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395701023.337862.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395701023.337862.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 200
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395701045.904158.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395701045.904158.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 199
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395701076.423272.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395701076.423272.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

rocks860

Cant get over the snow up there. Nice pics

I was amazed how much there was up there. The difference from the week I was there at the end of January was incredible. Just wish I had more days to spend up there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sami789

Mohsin

Ended up taking some more runs on bravo and gate house. Murphy's glade and twist had some fantastic snow. Heaven's gate finally opened up again and I took a few more runs down ripcord and jester. All together a great day and definitely worth the trip. Highlights of the day were Morningstar, ripcord, and murphy's. Grew up skiing Sugarbush and it continues to be my favorite mountain.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thanksgiving has been very inconsistent from what I've seen. I've had some awesome skiing there, and some weekends where there was no skiing. So it is pretty much calling an audible.

benski

Years ago, the 'Bush used to host the Turkey Tumble on Mt. Ellen on Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure if they still do.

They don't even open mt Ellen for on thanksgiving. What was that event.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WWF-VT

Tin

They are going on Jester and Organgrinder now. Posted this pic this morning on FB. I plan to get up there the week after Turkey Day when my classes finish up for the semester.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bush.jpg
    Bush.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 118