• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe 3/21-24/2014

Huck_It_Baby

I totally agree. Was up there this past Monday and hiked over the Adam's apple to hit Hellbrook. Bluebird and lots of Pow to play in!

I did Chin/Hellbrook Saturday in the winds and whiteout! So good!!! Glad you plundered!

watkin

I did Chin/Hellbrook Saturday in the winds and whiteout! So good!!! Glad you plundered!

How was Hellbrook that day? It was gutted out by Monday, which was expected, but was thinking it must have been incredible on Fri/Sat.

JimG.

Staff member
Was there Tues-Wed, conditions were still amazing; still fresh lines in many woods areas with a little looking.

Best 2 days of the season by far; pretty exhausted even today.

Cornhead

Stunning photos watkin, looks like paradise to me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

JimG.

Staff member
i was there sunday -tuesday for a psia exam. best conditions ive had in years. so much fun to be had all over the mountain. hayride woods, star woods, goat woods, bypass woods, chin clip woods, river bed, nose dive woods... all stellar. the grooming was amazing for our psia chores. couldnt have asked for better temps, sky or wind. so many smiles everywhere.

I ate lunch in the midst of your group on Tuesday at the lodge above the gondola; Bob Shostek was the group leader? Level II? If you passed that with Bob you'll do well at other exams. Surprised I never saw you skiing, I was in the same areas as you.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
I ate lunch in the midst of your group on Tuesday at the lodge above the gondola; Bob Shostek was the group leader? Level II? If you passed that with Bob you'll do well at other exams. Surprised I never saw you skiing, I was in the same areas as you.

black and white striped under layer, grey puffy coat, grey helmet and green goggles. drinking beers and smiling. along the back wall on the uphill side of the lodge. fantastic couple of days. i had dave capron, brian smith and wiz. got all 3 skills by all three examiners. i have a lot of fine tuning to do with my hips and inside half to advance beyond this onto level 3.

i was super fortunate to be in a group of great people who were all solid skiers. we did our tests on nose dive and hayride, with lower national and Gulch for bumps. Good times.

traversed out to angle food before we found out how we did during the exam. was pretty good even a few days after the snow.

BenedictGomez

Was there Tues-Wed, conditions were still amazing; still fresh lines in many woods areas with a little looking.

Best 2 days of the season by far; pretty exhausted even today.

Looking up at the mountain at Smuggs and packing the truck on Sunday morning, I didnt want to leave :( Seriously. I felt like a little kid being forced to leave the LEGO store.

JimG.

Staff member
Looking up at the mountain at Smuggs and packing the truck on Sunday morning, I didnt want to leave :( Seriously. I felt like a little kid being forced to leave the LEGO store.

I got to ski stuff at Stowe usually not in play like the very top of Liftline, Goat, and National. Those trails and Starr and Lookout were solid powder bumps. Really sweet. But the woods were why I went and that's where my time was spent.

Glad I got 2 days in, made my season!

BenedictGomez

Truer words could not be spoken; and in my case, it was more like 1.75 days before my legs gave out. But it was tree run upon tree run upon slackcountry upon tree run before my legs became jello................

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
I got to ski stuff at Stowe usually not in play like the very top of Liftline, Goat, and National. Those trails and Starr and Lookout were solid powder bumps. Really sweet. But the woods were why I went and that's where my time was spent.

im still a little giddy. warm temps and rain down here in CT isnt that exciting.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'll be remembering last week/end until next season for sure. I'm pretty much hanging up the towel, I've got far too much business travel on tap the next month. I'm glad I went out with a bang. First time, since I can't remember when, I woke up, got onto the mountain was was bone tired by the third run. It was a helluva climax to what started out to be a mega-disappointing season opener.

jaysunn

Those pictures are awesome. @billski rookie mistake. Hope you enjoyed the bagel while huck it or
Some other local was getting your stash of pow. Cool report.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Those pictures are awesome. @billski rookie mistake. Hope you enjoyed the bagel while huck it or

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
rookie? Meh, I called the shots; too old to need first chair. I always find first tracks or sloppy seconds someplace. It's just playing in the snow after all! :)

abc

It was me who was the Stowe rookie missed first chair. I think billski did fine with his local knowledge

abc

Belated photo of the snowfield at the top of Spruce chair (the little dot at the far side just barely visible from the trees were cornhead!):

IMG_20140323_152620_435.jpg

And a bit more action:

IMG_20140323_152845_673.jpg
(do you see him? Yep, he's there, blend in with the trees)
IMG_20140323_152854_113.jpg
(now you see him!)
IMG_20140323_152857_614.jpg
(now you can even see how big his grin is!:))

Last edited: