• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic this past weekend...

Tin

Another great time. Left the house at 7am, got there for about 10:30am, skied until 5pm, tavern until 7pm, home around midnight. If you have never been get there asap. Amazing conditions, untracked snow all over the mountain, thinned trees everywhere. My gf stated the place is like a "giant jungle gym". Red Line and Black Line have plenty of coverage. Big, soft bumps on Twilight, Goniff, Witch and others. Sorcerer and Tailsman are great and steep for cruising with lots of snow on the sides. Got into some heavy winds (40mph+) in the later afternoon and I was watching the chairs on Red Line swing close to a full 180*, scariest lift ride I've had. Spent some time afterwards in the Tavern with jrmagic (an awesome host and mountain ambassador) and met a lot of locals. Thanks again!

Just get there, tough terrain and the best vibe in New England. Don't let the older lifts scare you off. If you're heading into the woods and haven't been in there before take it easy, you can find some big unexpected drops and ledges.

Mellow section of Twilight
goniff.jpg

The GF after a run down Magician.
E Magician.jpg

Magician
Magician.jpg

Watch those drops. These are mellow, hit a solid 6'er just before.
M Woods.jpg

Last edited:

hammer

Nice! I have to get back there...

Not that I could see much of Magician from the top when I was there on the 15th, but it looks better now.

MadMadWorld

Yea that area in that last pic is very sketchy. Plenty of coverage in there even on Sunday but that is some serious technical skiing. Magic definitely deserves some of the MRG comparisons. That line reminds me a lot of 3 Cliffs at MRG. Steep, narrow and nowhere to go but over the ledge.

Tin

Yea that area in that last pic is very sketchy. Plenty of coverage in there even on Sunday but that is some serious technical skiing. Magic definitely deserves some of the MRG comparisons. That line reminds me a lot of 3 Cliffs at MRG. Steep, narrow and nowhere to go but over the ledge.

I almost wet myself when I hit the one before it. I remembered the entrance and you said it was "nice", so I figured why not. After clearing them I remembered you also thought the "Glade Connoisseur Area" was "nice".

MadMadWorld

I almost wet myself when I hit the one before it. I remembered the entrance and you said it was "nice", so I figured why not. After clearing them I remembered you also thought the "Glade Connoisseur Area" was "nice".

Well it is nice....nice and challenging lol. I might have left that last part off oops. Well at least you have a better idea of what to expect when I recommend something!

Tin

I really liked it. However I still agree with the Glade Connoisseur's assessment of the other. Erika agrees with you though. At one point we get off Black Line and Erika starts heading over to that entrance, in my head I'm thinking "Thanks Greg".

MadMadWorld

I really liked it. However I still agree with the Glade Connoisseur's assessment of the other. Erika agrees with you though. At one point we get off Black Line and Erika starts heading over to that entrance, in my head I'm thinking "Thanks Greg".

What? You didn't like that line that we skied? You and Tim are wimps....Erika rules.

Savemeasammy

What? You didn't like that line that we skied? You and Tim are wimps....Erika rules.

Mike and I like to haul ass through the glades, and that stuff you brought us in we could link 3 turns AT BEST. For you, 3 consecutive turns in a glade is good. For us, not so much! :)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

MadMadWorld

Mike and I like to haul ass through the glades, and that stuff you brought us in we could link 3 turns AT BEST. For you, 3 consecutive turns in a glade is good. For us, not so much! :)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

SERIOUSLY?!?!

Pound sand. It's not my fault you can't rip tight trees like me without splitting your melon on a hardwood.

Tin

Pound sand? You're reading too many Highway Star posts.

We might be able to sway Erika soon Savemeasammy, she got to cruise through some low angle stuff this weekend, I could see the light bulb turn on.

MadMadWorld

Pound sand? You're reading too many Highway Star posts.

We might be able to sway Erika soon Savemeasammy, she got to cruise through some low angle stuff this weekend, I could see the light bulb turn on.

Don't worry I will take you through some "nice" mellow low angle stuff at MRG ;)