• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's up for this weekend???

〽❄❅

Looking like we could see 3-6 on the backside of this in the Poconos. I'm taking off tomorrow anyway to get some exam prep work done so I might check it out.
Where are you getting that info? Closest i found at noaa.gov calling for 8" overnight for Tirzah PA by Elk Mt which is closed for the season, perfect for the local tele guys if true -
Detailed Forecast

• Overnight
    Snow showers before 4am, then a chance of snow showers and freezing drizzle between 4am and 5am, then a chance of snow showers after 5am. Low around 27. Northwest wind around 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around 8 inches.
  • Monday
    Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 44. Northwest wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
  • Monday Night
    Mostly clear, with a low around 27. North wind 6 to 13 mph.

Cornhead

Shoveled a foot of glop this morning, Southern Tier of NY. The end of the driveway where the plow deposited snow was literally tons-o-fun. PAM works great to keep the glop from sticking to the shovel, maybe I should try it on my skis? I park my car off the driveway so as not to block another car, thought about moving it into the drive last night, didn't. At first I was glad I didn't, was able to clear the drive and still maneuver my car into the drive in front of the plow bank. I then drove to the store to pick up the morning paper and noticed a crack running the width of the windshield. Ice must have dropped from a tree branch above the car. Oh well, should be covered, at least the tree didn't fall and crush my car.

I blew off work and will be headed to Greek Peak, should be interesting. I think they probably got less. They didn't mention new snow on their phone report this morning.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

4aprice

Got rained out up at Killington yesterday. 1st time in a long time. Looked like quite a bit of ice just above the base as well. Hoping for better weather the next 2 weekends.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

Waterville on Friday, Smuggs on Saturday and the forecast looks like it might hold! Sunday is still up in the air - no pun intended!

4aprice

Looked to me to be the bulk of the precip moves through Friday night into Sat AM then sun. A late start Saturday wouldn't bother me in the least especially if Sundays nice. As long as K-1 is open, I'll be up at K.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ