• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's up for this weekend???

reppshred

I am heading to Stowe this weekend and the forecast looks spotty! What's the scuttlebutt for weather this weekend in Ski country??

dlague

We are skiing Burke! I checked the forecast for Burke and it looks like things will hold off until later!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

I think I'll be taking this weekend off given the weather. Might make it to a catskills destination on Sunday, but Saturday seems a washout. Given the last 3 weekends have been Sugarbush/Smuggs, Gore/Whiteface, and Smuggs again, a break from all the driving probably wont be the worst thing.

lerops

I was checking Jay Peak, which is on the lower end.

Tremblant is more snow, little rain and later in the afternoon. Tempting, not sure about the conditions are good enough for a 7+ hr drive.

4aprice

I'm not at all worried what the rain will do to conditions, heck its spring. Just trying to figure out the timing of this. I'm not skiing Friday and the bulk of the moisture appears to fall Fri pm and overnight. Sat mostly looks cloudy (maybe foggy who knows), sun makes appearance Sun PM.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Savemeasammy

^agree with this. The snow will probably outlast most of the skiers this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kleetus

Im curious about this weekend as well. Have vouchers left to Stowe, Smuggs, and Burke left. Debating whether to hit Stowe and Smuggs this weekend and Burke next or Burke this weekend and Stow and Smuggs next. Would prefer to have the better conditions at Stowe and Smuggs instead of Burke.

Abominable

Is it going to snow Saturday night? Wunderground telling me snow for Magic and Pico.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I saw that too... looks like it's debatable whether it will be r!?n or snow.

This is for Manchester, so hopefully snow up top.

Saturday
Cloudy. High 46F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday Night
Rain and snow in the evening turning to all snow late. Low 33F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 90%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Sunday
Rain and snow in the morning turning to light rain in the afternoon. High 42F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%. About one inch of snow expected.

cbackman

I like the forecast on opensnow.com for saturday night into sunday

catsup948

Seems western Maine and New Hampshire are in the cross hairs again. Southern and Central Vermont could get a plastering of wet snow as well. I'll be at Magic Sunday!

Cornhead

Advisory for Stowe:
* ACCUMULATIONS, SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 2 INCHES...
ALONG WITH UP TO TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE THROUGH THIS MORNING.
POTENTIAL FOR 6 TO 10 INCHES OF HEAVY DENSE SNOW SATURDAY
EVENING INTO SUNDAY.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Madroch

Looking at sb Sunday- just don't want it locked up from a freeze thaw- hopefully if snows enough sat night to top coat ot

yeggous

Precip type in the mountains remains very uncertain. I'm not sure whether to head up or not.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

lerops

I've been following this since Monday. The snow was non-existent and moved between CT and NEK, with rain predictions changing drastically along the way. Beats me, but I might head up to Gore, which looks good in most recent forecast. Will make the call later.