• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where should I ski Thursday?

Where to ski?

• Total voters

wa-loaf

Can't leave MA until 7:30am so thinking I should stay in the 3 hour range. Planning on finding a cheap room for the night wherever I go. Will ski somewhere Friday as well and need to be at Magic early evening Friday night. Where I end up Thursday will probably dictate my Friday stop.

JDMRoma

I was thinking Wilcat / Cannon...drive up thursday, ski Wilcat on Thurs get a room somewhere in-between the Cat and Cannon then you would have a straight shot right back down south......

deadheadskier

Staff member
Go to Stowe and work your way down the spine. Sugarbush or Killington Friday.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

This sounds like a good plan. Stowe on Thursday, beers at the Prohibition Pig in Waterbury after, stay at Golden Lion, ski MRG on Friday and then head for Magic.

wa-loaf

Go to Stowe and work your way down the spine. Sugarbush or Killington Friday.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

This sounds like a good plan. Stowe on Thursday, beers at the Prohibition Pig in Waterbury after, stay at Golden Lion, ski MRG on Friday and then head for Magic.

Leaning to some variation of this. Maybe just MRG and The Bush though.

Tin

Considering MRG Friday, but the half inch of r@in expected and my cast won't mix well. Friday should be a fixed grip area though, 30-35mph at most places.

Savemeasammy

Considering MRG Friday, but the half inch of r@in expected and my cast won't mix well. Friday should be a fixed grip area though, 30-35mph at most places.

2 words: trash bag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornhead

I was asked to burn a vacation day this week. I was considering taking Friday off, traveling, and burning some of my remaining vouchers. Due to the forecast, and issues with my knee, I think I'll take Thursday off and ski my local hill before the liquid precipitation arrives. Gonna be quite the contrast from my weekend at Stowe, oh well, it'll surely beat working.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

drjeff

Keep in Northern VT, will make getting to Magic on Friday night much easier as it's really a bit of a PITA to get across from Northern NH down to Southcentral VT!

wa-loaf

Doing exactly this. Tickets purchased, room booked. Hoping for great snow at Stowe and soft rainy bumps and woods at MRG.