• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Interesting Blue Hill story...

Jaytrek57

Thought I’d share this.

As some may know I am very fortunate to LIVE inside part of the Blue Hill reservation. My wife is the director of the camp (Ponkapoag) and as such we get a fantastic place to live and all the day hiking my growing puppy can handle.

To get to our place you have to go through a gated road just of 93 (exit 3). Ok…enough preface.

Last night my wife and I and a few friends went to Fenway and enjoyed watching Jason Varetic get a pinch hit double in the bottom of the ninth to get a come from behind victory!! Go Red Sox!

My wife and I drive back to our place (12:30am) only to discover about a dozens various State and local police cruisers at the pull-off for the gate. Complete with K-9 units. We get out and tell some of the officers that we live up there. They inform us that we can’t go up there, that a “convict” had just stolen a car and was loose in the woods. Sure enough there was a Jeep Cherokee that smashed one of the retaining poles just to the right of the gate. Fun times!

About 2 ½ hours later the police start to pull out and the tow truck comes in to retrieve the smashed up Jeep. Sensing that they might be all done my wife and I get out of our vehicle and ask the remaining Trooper if they got him.

No?!?

Ok….the Trooper, who was incredibly nice, said that he would follow us up. We all go up the dirt road to our place and he checked it out to make us feel a little safer. Needless to say I did not sleep that much last night but…man what a story.

So if you hike on the Ponkapoag side of the reservation you’ll know why that pole is bent!!

Sorry I went on so long…I’m going to check under my bed and get some sleep!

teachski

Website
teachski.com
I would have taken valuables, locked up and went to a motel, at least for the night...maybe a couple nights! But then again, I am a single woman living alone.

MtnMagic

After a great Bosox game like that, it's a terrible event to come home to. Just when you need to hit the sheets.

Joshua B

teachski said:
I would have taken valuables, locked up and went to a motel, at least for the night...maybe a couple nights! But then again, I am a single woman living alone.

When I first read this, I thought you were posting from the perspective of the thief! I thought, this is out of character! :lol: