• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Possible big snow for the north this weekend

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
What's the deal with Cannon tomorrow? I'm seeing everything from 12" to all rain, and everything in between. I was going to drive home early tomorrow, but a foot would make me stay and drive home at night.

It may come down to waking up and making a decision after checking the snow report.

xwhaler

If this storm is all about elevation is it crazy to thhink/hope/dream that maybe the upper half of most mtns May stay wet snow?

Cannonball

Who the hell knows. Still seems up in the air weather-wise for Cannon tomorrow. I can tell you today was fantastic spring conditions!

I'm in Lincoln and will be heading to Cannon tomorrow unless it's absolutely horrible out. So if you guys end up making that call shoot me a PM. Or shoot me your number ahead of time (I have yours XWhaler).

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Looks like spring has arrived.

Tim Kelley NECN ‏@SurfSkiWxMan 16m Pouring Snow Central & Northern Maine http://www.sebectec.com/greenville/

Tim Kelley NECN ‏@SurfSkiWxMan 17m
#SkiTheEast Slushing at Stowe, Snowing at Wildcat. http://surfskiweather.us/ski/

Tim Kelley NECN ‏@SurfSkiWxMan 1h
you awake, snowing at LSC? MT @AaronPerryLSC 4Z 3km HRRR has area 15"+ of Total Accumulated Surface Snowfall NNE of pic.twitter.com/sGGDmODBZ8

word from downtown Stowe VT "1/2 inch slushy sleet, like a 7-11 Slurpee" Summit Mt Mansfield 27F SE 35 mph, moist direction

Training torrents, Thunder w .2-.5" / hr rainfall from S of Long Isle to Manchester NH & Portland ME, not fun on Roads, like driving in snow

fbrissette

As posted in the weather forum, at east 6 inches of wet heavy snow at the base of Jay Peak. Ice is currently falling from the sky. No rain.

Edit: after three runs, i have to say it is a pleasant surprise. The snow skis quite well especially in the glades. Nobody at the hill.

Last edited:

SKidds

As posted in the weather forum, at east 6 inches of wet heavy snow at the base of Jay Peak. Ice is currently falling from the sky. No rain.
Over in NY Whiteface is reporting 8 inches at the base. Waiting to see if that number goes up once they get up top. Gore only reporting 3.

jaysunn

What's Stowe doing. Someone mentioned rain at k. Sucks. Hopefully northern stays ok.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

Looking at the Smuggs trail report and webcams from a few places just made me want to puke.

It looks like they closed mostly the glades. Not sure why they'd do that given all the snow that's in there, unless it's out of an abundance of caution. No way a little rain could have taken them out of play IMO.

MidnightJester

Jay says it claims 6 plus fresh. Stowe up to 3 fresh. Its something. Extending this post to next weekend looks like a good shot. Snow on long shot radar next weekend.

HowieT2

It looks like they closed mostly the glades. Not sure why they'd do that given all the snow that's in there, unless it's out of an abundance of caution. No way a little rain could have taken them out of play IMO.

We had a Good amount of icing at the summits at sb. Total shitshow. I didn't even bother skiing.

BenedictGomez

We had a Good amount of icing at the summits at sb. Total shitshow. I didn't even bother skiing.

So it's likely a danger from ice deal than loss of snow? Stinks in the short-term, but certainly better than the alternative explanation.