• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bad Arse RC/Car

jaysunn

Nothing to do with Skiing/Boarding, just bad arse RC/CAR
So this is my baby, Team Losi 22, real wheel drive electronic driven remote control car. I have an indoor dirt track locally that we run these babies at, Check it out:

22-RC.jpg

And:

22-2-RC.jpg

EDIT: THe cambers are off, if anyone else is into this stuff.

skiNEwhere

I used to have a gas powered RC car 7-8 years ago. That thing would haul ASS. We clocked it with a radar gun going 51 mph.

I let my friend use it with the stipulation he wouldn't try to max it out, well he maxed it out in a parking lot, hit a small bump, got air, hit a tree, and it disintegrated

FYI: you shoulda post this kind of stuff in the "misc" section next time

jaysunn

Nice, believe it or not, with the new Lipo batteries and motor enhancements, electric vehicles can take the gas machines now a days. Still funs hell, either or. Same car year, wish I was driving, not me, also please move this post if it is not in the correct forum section.

jimk

Reminds me when I was a kid I used to race slot cars at Hampton Beach, NH in the 1960s.

bvibert

Staff member
These things sure have come a long way. I had a Tamiya Hornet back in the 80s.

top.jpg

o3jeff

These things sure have come a long way. I had a Tamiya Hornet back in the 80s.

top.jpg

I had one of those too. I have a Losi mini something(can't remember the name)that I picked up about 10 years ago, still sitting in my basement smashed up!

bvibert

Staff member
This thread is bringing back fond memories of the RC car club we had in middle school where we had an oval track setup in the gym. We also made some epic jumps using the gymnastic mats. Good times!