• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mohawk - 3.29.14

gmcunni

Date(s) Skied: 3.29.14

Resort or Ski Area: Mohawk

Conditions: cloudy, rain

Trip Report: arrived @ 10:30 to an empty parking lot. i don't think there were 50 people on the mountain. we got in 9 runs before the rain came, took two more and called it a day.

coverage was excellent. i think only 1 trail (rt 100 the very top section only) was closed. snow was soft but not slushy. hard base under an inch or 2 of the soft stuff.

sf77

I was at Mohawk today for their free customer appreciation day. It was misty and drizzling the whole day. Conditions weren't horrible. The snow, when you found it, was soft. Some slushy parts on the trails that slowed you down and few bare spots.
It was worth the drive up to the mountain for the free lift ticket and surprisingly decent conditions after a lot of rain last night!

Since a lot of the land was visible with all the snow melting I noticed a lot of new things. There's a big waterfall the the skiers right of "The Rapids" and a pond in between Arrowhead and Mohawk near the top. All the rivers were flowing very fast with the melting of the snow.