• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weather updates, week of March 31st

BenedictGomez

Long range 8-14 still looks colder than normal, DEEP into April.

Just hope there'll be enough ski lifts running to enjoy it. :-?

814temp.new.gif

MidnightJester

Heading to North VT this weekend. JAY PEAK(sat) and STOWE(sunday). Looking like sat will be mildly wet and sunday will be sunny but the hope is snow sat night : )

MidnightJester

Cold is pushing a little more downward with latest weather updates. wooooooooooooooooooooo

dmw

I'm curious about this too; may hit Stowe Saturday but freezing rain seems like the worst weather option to deal with...

MidnightJester

Its looking better for the weekend both days, SAT still gonna be a rough go. some wet fore sure. Pushing as far north to JAY PEAK on saturday to help the white stuff if I can and I hope and catch the aftermath on sunday at STOWE on way back.

Kleetus

Well sitting here at Smuggs. They got a good amount of ice last night so everything's pretty iced up. Most of the mountains closed. About 34 at the base and high 20's up top and not looking like anythings going to soften up any time soon. Can only hope tomorrow will be a better day at my next stop Stowe

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Savemeasammy

Well sitting here at Smuggs. They got a good amount of ice last night so everything's pretty iced up. Most of the mountains closed. About 34 at the base and high 20's up top and not looking like anythings going to soften up any time soon. Can only hope tomorrow will be a better day at my next stop Stowe

This is a bummer. A few of us will be at MRG tomorrow. The weather looks better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fbrissette

It also sucks at Jay.

BenedictGomez

I assume there's still plenty enough snow at Smuggs and Jay that the woods can be 100% open once conditions allow?

fbrissette

I assume there's still plenty enough snow at Smuggs and Jay that the woods can be 100% open once conditions allow?

Coverage is fantastic for this time of the year. Minimal snow loss so far. Every line off the face is still good. It's just frozen over. It will stay bad until it snows or gets warm. It's OK if you like fast groomers, but nobody comes to Jay for that. It's been snowing for the past hour. An inch on the ground. Real snow. Not the sticky stuff.

4aprice

Pretty crunchy here at K today. Hopefully the sun will work some magic Sunday. Plenty of base but alot of tree litter in the woods from recent icing events. (Out of play today). Actual spring weather would help.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ