• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Spring?

gmcunni

any info on how stratton is looking this spring? thinking of a visit this weekend.

mountain report looks good but prefer personal report if possible.

Open Upper Mountain Trails: 28
Open Lower Mountain Trails: 32
Open Sun Bowl Trails: 6
Open Learning Areas Trails: 2
Total Open Trails: 68

xwhaler

My Brother in Law is heading there next wknd under their Stay 1 night, get lift tickets for 2 ppl both Sat+Sunday deal.
Worked out to $177 all in which is an incredible value for likely good conditions and no lines.

gmcunni

My Brother in Law is heading there next wknd under their Stay 1 night, get lift tickets for 2 ppl both Sat+Sunday deal.
Worked out to $177 all in which is an incredible value for likely good conditions and no lines.

shhh.. me too but don't tell people about that deal until i book my room

x10003q

I was there this past weekend. The snow cover is great on the slopes and decent in the woods. Sat was warm and sunny. Sun was rain and ice and the upper mtn was closed. Conditions were still decent. Monday was hard cord with mid winter conditions (24 degrees) and the upper mtn was still closed due to heavy icing. The Sun Bowl has tons of snow but it closed for the season after Saturday. You should have a great weekend.

gmcunni

I was there this past weekend. The snow cover is great on the slopes and decent in the woods. Sat was warm and sunny. Sun was rain and ice and the upper mtn was closed. Conditions were still decent. Monday was hard cord with mid winter conditions (24 degrees) and the upper mtn was still closed due to heavy icing. The Sun Bowl has tons of snow but it closed for the season after Saturday. You should have a great weekend.

awesome, thanks!

x10003q

awesome, thanks!

You are welcome.

Last Saturday they set up the normal huge lift corrals and there were no lines to be seen on any of the HS6 lifts. There was a small wait on the gondola. The AmEx has the annoying ticket scanners out all day. In the rain on Sunday they finally took down the giant corral on the AmEx at 11am. The AmEx , Tamarack, and the small beginner double were the only chairs operating on Sunday. They did scan every ticket at the AmEx until about 2pm. What a joke. On Monday only the AmEx was running and they were still scanning.

gmcunni

i haven't been to stratton in probably 15 or 20 years. i used to love the sunbowl, i'll be sad if it isn't open (report says a few trails over there are open but i can't remember the layout). but for a sweet deal on lift and lodging i'll be happy with the main mountain.

mlkrgr

A few Sunbowl trails can be accessed from Main Mountain as you'd return to Ursa through a traverse. It is late season, so Sunbowl is unlikely to be opened unless they are expecting a good crowd.

Glenn

It's a bummer it's closed; those are some great runs with good coverage. But I certainly see the business case.

xlr8r

Sucks that they close the Sunbowl now, my best runs at Stratton from 2 weeks ago were on that side of the mountain. Not running that chair closes off over a third of the terrain at Stratton.