• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 4-1-2014

powhunter

Epic spring bumps at hunter yesterday!! Crossover, 42nd street , and K29. Were off the hook! Mogul course next to 42nd street had some great lines too. Met up with Shredderofgnar for a few runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shredder of Gnar

Epic spring bumps at hunter yesterday!! Crossover, 42nd street , and K29. Were off the hook! Mogul course next to 42nd street had some great lines too. Met up with Shredderofgnar for a few runs

Nice running into you Steveo -- it was epic for sure! About as good as any day of spring skiing could be. Sorry I missed you after lunch, but after I went to the west side and did 44 once, there was no way I was coming back to the front side :) 44 was beyond epic!

powhunter

Few pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

keyser soze

Thinking of going there Saturday and hoping it is half as good as that. I have one day left on my voucher.

〽❄❅

^ Also considering going tomorrow, tough call, i'm thinking Sunday may be better.

Currently seeing two mixed weather reports:

NOAA, showers mainly before 3AM tonight, Saturday high of 49º with a chance of rain before noon. Weather Bug mirrors this report.
TWC, a mix of rain freezing rain this afternoon, freezing rain changing to rain early tonight then partly cloudy 38º high Saturday. Weather Underground is consistent with TWC, "wintery mix", ice pellets this afternoon and night Snow and Ice accumulations < 1" Sat partly cloudy high 39º

All are predicting sunny 51º - 52º high Sunday.

What do you guys think, Saturday or Sunday?

powhunter

Anyone know if they are gonna be operating midweek after this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shredder of Gnar

Today (Sunday) was a repeat of Tuesday's epic day! Upper Crossover and 42nd still have incredible coverage and awesome zipper lines, 44 was once again off the charts! They were letting Cliff and Racers bump up but the spacing was way too far apart for my liking...

〽❄❅

Today (Sunday) was a repeat of Tuesday's epic day! Upper Crossover and 42nd still have incredible coverage and awesome zipper lines, 44 was once again off the charts! They were letting Cliff and Racers bump up but the spacing was way too far apart for my liking...
Really? D@rn, yesterday @ Hunter was like skiing on frozen sand! They were calling it sugar snow, looked just like the ice a Inuit just poked his spear into on NBC's Ann Curry reports: Our year of extremes - did climate change…"! I wasn't into it, but kept reminding myself it still was better to be skiing then sitting home suffering from post season depression!

keyser soze

Agreed the mountain was in great shape from start to finish. Plenty of snow but next weekend will be the end of the season. Snow was heavy late in the day and it was a great leg workout. Soft bumps everywhere. I was on my way over to West in the afternoon, but somebody warned me that they were having lift problems so I stayed away.

makado420

I know this is a hunter post but if anybody going to bellerye tomorrow hit me up will be there all day

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JimG.

Staff member

Sunday was the ticket for sure...a perfect Spring day. In addition to the trails you've already mentioned Lower K27 was also tremendous. Not used to having 44 open top to bottom in April!