• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When do you break out the shades?

legalskier

Ah, spring skiing and sunglasses. Shades seem to be more a sign of warmer temps than actual "sun," at least for me. So when do you bring out the shades? What are your faves, and why?

sunglasses.jpg

4aprice

Since going to a helmet, never except for après ski and driving. Just not comfortable. One thing that is spring to me is skiing in a hoodie. Got a wonderful taste of that last Saturday at Pico and hoping for 2 more days of it a Killington this weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Tin

Yesterday, Oakley Monster Dogs. I go with black polarized when sunny, bronze polarized when cloudy. Use them on the bass boat as well.

BenedictGomez

Since going to a helmet, never except for après ski and driving. Just not comfortable.

I think your helmet is too tight.

Yes, the proper helmet fit should be snug, but if it's so tight that it's actually uncomforable wearing sunglasses? I'd say that's too tight.

bvibert

Staff member
I switch to sunglasses when it's too warm for goggles, which is also the same time I take off the ear pads on my helmet. No helmet/sunglasses fit problems that way.

steamboat1

I start wearing them around the same time the parka comes off. I love skiing in just a fleece or wind breaker. Skiing with only a tee shirt is even better.

Edd

I've tried many times to wear them skiing but I tear up also. Goggles are mandatory for me. Always carry shades in the pocket for deck drinking.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone