• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugaring Season

BackLoafRiver

Absolutely gorgeous photos. Sugaring is something I have always wanted to do. We celebrate Maine Maple Sunday each March and it is awesome. I am envious. Nicely done.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Wow, what great pics! Love it!

Nope. But I did buy a Gallon of maple syrup on sale in December. So hopefully I'm good to go for a while. I think it was Vermont Grade B Medium.

steamboat1

I always buy my maple syrup from Mom & Pop's http://www.momandpopsmaple.com/index.php. It's not far from our lodge, I pass it whenever I'm heading over Brandon Gap. They'll let you in to see the sugaring process when they're doing it. The Maple Syrup Museum is just around the corner from our lodge. Nothing really exciting to see there & their prices are a rip off.

Glenn

We hung out the local sugar house last year for a few hours. It's such a cool process. The last time I helped out, it was on the back of a tractor and emptying the galvanized buckets. Now, things are much more advanced. There's nothing like the syrup straight from the from the boiling process. Out of this world. We're lucky to have a place like that close to where we are.