• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you ever ditch wearing a helmet? For example, if it's really warm out?

dlague

Once the woods are out of play and we are limited to cruising on slow soft spring snow - yes! If there are bump trails that i want to try then I consider a helmet but not always.

drjeff

Tried it once about 3 or 4 years ago. My kids still haven't let me forget it! :rolleyes:

jimmywilson69

no, my helmet has adjustable vents. I typically don't get a chance to ski when it's warmer than 50 degrees so I can't say what I would if I was bashing bumps on Superstar in late May.

skifree

yes. but if I hurt my head I will be in BIG trouble from the boss lady

emmaurice2

I just open all of the vents which keeps it comfortable. Although, it's so tempting to just lose it altogether. I love the feel of the rushing air.

dlague

Aren't sunglasses a helmet replacement? Ditch the goggles, so ditch the helmet!

wa-loaf

40 degrees probably not, 60-70 and sweating it out on the bumps, yes.

powhunter

Spring bumps only, just goggles... Never shades..One good slush explosion will rip those oakleys right off your head

ScottySkis

once it gets ove 45 dregrees my old helmet made me sweat. Got a new helmet now havent been able to try it rhough in warm wether.

xlr8r

I have movable vents, but I also take out the lining and ear pads so that it looks more like a bike helmet. It ends up being a little looser fitting, but I never ski without it. I do wear sunglasses with it too.

Edd

I have movable vents, but I also take out the lining and ear pads so that it looks more like a bike helmet.

That's what I do, and I take it off on the lift to cool off.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bvibert

Staff member
No, I just open the vents and take off the ear pads. I'll also take the helmet off on the chair lift ride back up if I'm sweating.