• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Butternut 4-2-2014

emmaurice2

Where: Ski Butternut, MA

When: April 2, 2014 Afternoon

Conditions: 60 degrees, mostly sunny--corn, mash potatoes, slush and water skiing

I love days like this. Nearly empty slopes, but the people that were there were wearing big smiles, sunglasses, tee-shirts or sweatshirts.

The way they contoured Lucifer's Leap this year made it a super fun. Lots of air to be caught.

The bumps on Downspout were soft and slushy.

Their base is deep. They could probably make it through next weekend, too, but Sunday is definitely their last day.

Butternut 4214 bumps.jpg

Butternut 4214 4.jpg

Jumping the creek
Butternut 4214 water jump.jpg

Butternut 4214 2.jpg

Butternut 4214 1.jpg

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Sweet. I'll be there this weekend. How far down do the bumps on Downspout go? All the way to the base of the triple or only to the intersection with Fiddler. I only go to Butternut early and late season and they've usually groomed Downspout flat to preserve the snow.

emmaurice2

Sweet. I'll be there this weekend. How far down do the bumps on Downspout go? All the way to the base of the triple or only to the intersection with Fiddler. I only go to Butternut early and late season and they've usually groomed Downspout flat to preserve the snow.

Bumps go to Fiddler. That would be a heck of a nice bump run if it went top to bottom.

jack97

4/4/2014

I was there today, was lapping the moguls at downspout, they were sweet. Legs got cooked toward the end and I started flailing but the bumps were so soft, falling was not bad at all. Gonna try to get some more sunday if I can get out. And yeah, it's their last day :(

Love the pitch, formation was tight and the troughs really got deep.

20140404_104419.jpg

Water was falling fast, almost zen like on the ride up.
20140404_115106.jpg