• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

K-Pico Interconnect. Yay or Nay?

Should there be a Killington-Pico interconnect?

• Total voters

MadMadWorld

I don't really have a good reason but I just like it the way it is. I think it has it's own character with it's own client base and creating the connect I think would ruin that.

dlague

I would like to see them stay separate, but ... if they do an interconnect, at least provide a Pico only option like Sugarbush does with Mt Ellen. However, Pico will become inundated with Killington spill over if there is an interconnect.

EPB

I haven't been there in a few years, but I question that people would really trek over from K and inundate Pico. If anything, connecting the two would just further insulate Pico's long term survival prospects as part of one cohesive resort.

yeggous

Why did we have to revive this thread? The point is moot since K-Mart is not about to spend the $$$.

skiNEwhere

I'd say half of the posts on AZ are moot in the summer anyways. What's your point?

Smellytele

I for one couldn't care less because I only ski K early and late season when Pico isn't open anyway. Although I do plan on hitting Pico this year in March on my way to Lake Placid. I haven't skied it since the early 90's.

Savemeasammy

Is there good terrain in that area? Could it be Killington's version of Slide Brook or Brackett Basin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

What do you mean by "Could"?

Fair enough. Maintained (thin out the small trees). Some reasonable way to get back to a lift? I like the brackett basin idea because you can get back to a lift. Slidebrook looks interesting, but shuttling back isn't as appealing. I just wonder if Killington could officially open this area, but leave it with a back/side country feel.

If you have any favorite spots out there, could you please post them up in the "secret stash" thread? I won't tell anyone...!

Puck it

Fair enough. Maintained (thin out the small trees). Some reasonable way to get back to a lift? I like the brackett basin idea because you can get back to a lift. Slidebrook looks interesting, but shuttling back isn't as appealing. I just wonder if Killington could officially open this area, but leave it with a back/side country feel.

If you have any favorite spots out there, could you please post them up in the "secret stash" thread? I won't tell anyone...!

Do you mean like Cannon's all natural blasted felled widened graded seeded and hayed terrain at Mittersill?