• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Butternut - 4.5.14

gmcunni

date - 4.5.14

resort - Butternut

weather - 40s with a little wind. mostly cloudy until almost end of the day

report- weather didn't look awesome so i slept in. got to the Nut around noon, skied til 4. $25 and all trails open. i think all lifts running too.. nobody there. snow is deep. i wish the sun had come out more but the temps had everything pretty soft. skied the whole mountain and lapped the bumps on downspout a few times. great day overall. warmer weather and more sun tomorrow should be pretty awesome there.

they close tomorrow with full coverage.

coverage looks good
IMG_0799.jpg

bumps were fun and soft
IMG_0801.jpg

my day:
butt nut day.jpg

legalskier

Nice TR. Conditions look sweet. I like how you mapped out your day too.
Wish I had a hill within an easy drive, I'd double my ski days.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Very heavy snow by 4. Downspout was fun. Like you said, it made zero sense to run every lift. Weather was finicky. In the morning there was a dense fog. Then it showered for a couple runs around 10. Not exactly light rain either, enough to seep into the snowpants. I could've sworn I saw some flurries at noon on the summit quad. Not good that I'm already seeing things and its only April ;-). Lucifer's and Hob Nob had some awesome rolls! Don't know if Butternut planned them or not but they were sick (by Butternut standards :lol:).

Fun day and my last day for 2013-2014.

Foggy morning
DSCF2615.jpg

Sun, trees, and fog
DSCF2617.jpg

Hob Nob, 4pm
DSCF2625.jpg