• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

More snow for the east coast yes for years to come.

moresnow

Are you going to tell me that you really didnt think that "more snow" would be perceived by the Church of Global Warming as a threatening statement?

As for "more snow", possible snowstorm next week. Still too far out to take totally serious, but it's on both of the good models, but the margin for hit or miss, rain/sleet or snow will be RAZOR thin.

What did I do?

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Just sick of both sides using the "facts" to prove their points.
Do we need to find more energy sources? yes
Do they all have negatives? Yes
Is there one that solves all of our energy problems forever? No
Are we all scientist that know everything? of course we are

Amen....Common sense.....
As far as predictions go I've made some observations over the last few years .Stink bug vs lady bug hatch therory...My Bathroom is on the south side of my house and gathers a few different bugs in fall ...No Bedbugs.
Snowy winters are preceded by lots of Lady bugs....Bad years ...Stink bugs. Appropiatley named!

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Ok, first we do this.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_t...ecasts_show_it_could_grow_into_a_monster.html

Then we do this.
gendateplot.php3

dlague

I think the original post was in fun and was a theory that winter sports fanatics would have fun with for the fun of it! It just got too serious and political I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

fbrissette

Problem with that theory is the 2nd strongest El Nino resulted in this:

So it's not clear to me that it necessarily translates to > normal eastern snowfall.

There is no correlation between El Nino and winter precipitation in the North-East - none, zero, zilch.

ScottySkis

I think the original post was in fun and was a theory that winter sports fanatics would have fun with for the fun of it! It just got too serious and political I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

You get it. Tbanks. you now win Scotty translator job if you so kind to take it oay is figuring out what i write, no pament is worth that lol.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
In my mind I imagine Scotty walking into a room, making a statement, and then leaving while everyone else explodes into violent conversation around.

witch hobble

Are there lobbying interests that will give per post kickbacks to internet chat room personalities who push talking points and shout down antagonists?

moresnow

In my mind I imagine Scotty walking into a room, making a statement, and then leaving while everyone else explodes into violent conversation around.

More importantly, shouldn't this be in the weather forum?