• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

You bump fans seen this?

Savemeasammy

The inverted airs they throw are just amazing. That takes some serious guts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

True that.
I'm just not sure what aerial tricks have to do with mogul skiing.

It separates the BAD ASSES from the bad asses... I was never really into these aerials when it was it's own competition, but doing a few of these while ripping a mogul course... Damn.

MadMadWorld

Yea it's pretty crazy. Throwing an invert like that and getting your bearing fast enough to continue to rip a bump course is very impressive

Blanton

It's much easier to throw a back flip than an upright in the bumps (360 has the same degree of difficulty). Along the same lines an upright 720 is light years harder than a cork 7/dspin. Funny to watch mid/ lower level ussa skiers barely make it down the bumps and then do an invert.

Much easier to steal a backflip from the backseat than any traditional mogul air.

Savemeasammy

It's much easier to throw a back flip than an upright in the bumps (360 has the same degree of difficulty). Along the same lines an upright 720 is light years harder than a cork 7/dspin. Funny to watch mid/ lower level ussa skiers barely make it down the bumps and then do an invert.

Much easier to steal a backflip from the backseat than any traditional mogul air.

I've never even dreamed of throwing an inverted air, but the way they build jumps for courses (i.e. steep) it seems like they are designed with inverted airs in mind. I used to jump in moguls a lot in my teens/twenties, but it was just off random moguls that didn't throw you off balance... The landings were a bit of a challenge! ;). The jumps they build DO look as though it would be tough for uprights. I will have to take your word for it that various backflips are "easier"! :)

Domeskier

What's worth more - a double daffy or a screamin' seaman?

MadMadWorld

We need a pic of the screamn' seaman.

Screamin' Seaman is so much harder especially back in the day when skis were longer. You had to completely step over one of your skis while in the air and then bring it back over without killing yourself. Word to the wise, this trick can end in total carnage.

Attachments

• 1397508046294.jpg
    1397508046294.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 47

Savemeasammy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397516004.822498.jpg
This has always been one of my favorites. Can anyone put a name to it?