• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Yet another GoPro video

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
You don't need better adhesive. You just need to put it on at room temp. I've got ski mounts that have lasted years. The tip cam facing forward look interesting. It might be good as a short part of an edit.

This is from March 2011

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Are you that bored? Please stop with the GoPros already.

They're fun to play with. I understand they're not everyone's cup of tea but we are free to share our ideas.

Adubob, I recommend you rig up something with your ski boot so that you don't need to re-adhesive with every pair of skis you get. You also will be able to see when there's more than 2 inches of snow :razz:

Here's how my boot cam turned out.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Are you that bored? Please stop with the GoPros already.
For years I tried strapping my camcorder to my helmet. I tried making my own steady cam. I just wanted a POV. Was it because I was bored? Yeah - a little. But isn't that why we ski in the first place?

Adubob, I recommend you rig up something with your ski boot so that you don't need to re-adhesive with every pair of skis you get. You also will be able to see when there's more than 2 inches of snow :razz:
Except for maybe two seconds to use in a larger edit but I might never use this angle again. The back and forth motion was making me and everybody else seasick.:puke:

skiNEwhere

I'm thinking next time I skin up one of the resorts that allows dogs after hours, I'll get a doggy side mounted chest harness and have him chase me down the hill with the gopro on. Should be an interesting perspective, albeit very unstable.

Like any good edit though, I think there needs to be multiple pov's.

Hawkshot99

I'm thinking next time I skin up one of the resorts that allows dogs after hours, I'll get a doggy side mounted chest harness and have him chase me down the hill with the gopro on. Should be an interesting perspective, albeit very unstable.

Like any good edit though, I think there needs to be multiple pov's.

Ken Block of DC Clothing fame, posted a video last week atPCMR of his dogs chasing him down the mountain on his snowboard.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

bdfreetuna

The best position for POV cam is the helmet as it resembles the natural human POV. Must take care to have the view level so you can see both the ends of the skis and the horizon. Must also take care not to look all over the place like a spaz, remembering to keep your helmet pointed down the fall line, like you should if you're skiing well anyway.

A good helmet POV video can be entertaining. Others not so much. The "selfie stick" POV is alright for snowboarders but seems a little narcissistic to me.