• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One last 2013/14 snowstorm?

ScottySkis

How much snow for K . Is Stowe and Jay gettting a lot more snow? Gore and White face wonder what they got? i got 2 ininces in the Shankgunk ridge hillls of NY high up. low elevation not much

WWF-VT

Jay Peak report 4/16 morning:

Heavy Snow. Sun Later.

Well, we received three to five inches of snow last night. Bad news; most of it won't be skiable due to the quick drop in temperature when rain switched to snow. The terrain is most certainly Variable with a side of Frozen Granular - some spots you'll enjoy decent April powder turns, and in others, you'll be lucky to sink an edge

fbrissette

Jay Peak report 4/16 morning:

Heavy Snow. Sun Later.

Well, we received three to five inches of snow last night. Bad news; most of it won't be skiable due to the quick drop in temperature when rain switched to snow. The terrain is most certainly Variable with a side of Frozen Granular - some spots you'll enjoy decent April powder turns, and in others, you'll be lucky to sink an edge

Bad news: Crappy skiing for a couple of days in Northern Vermont
Good news: No more snowpack losses, good coverage for the upcoming long week-end

snoseek

Enough snow and cold to create treacherous conditions, shut down local mtb trails for another week, and overall make things miserable/ Yeah no thanks. Maybe my blood got thinner out west this winter but it fucking snowed all the way down to coastal nh last night and is currently cold as hell! I skied Monday, there's plenty of snow....I'm rooting for warm temps and sunshine. We're getting to the time of year where new snow almost always makes the skiing dicey.

Savemeasammy

The silver lining here: snow preservation for a few more days. Friday looks like a good day to go get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twinplanx

I had half an inch of snow/ice on my windshield this AM. WTF? lol

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

dlague

I agree, hence the "lol" ...but it almost made me late to work ;-)

My son missed his bus because of it and I was late for work and a meeting! Oh well!

I missed the lol!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

twinplanx

My son missed his bus because of it and I was late for work and a meeting! Oh well!

I missed the lol!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

It's all good :) Being skiers/snowlovers, it's gotta make ya chuckle, regardless of the inconvenience!