• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One last 2013/14 snowstorm?

BenedictGomez

00Z Canadian came in with similar Precip to the panes I posted, but signifcantly colder. This is VERY good news if it holds.

Havent seen whether the 00z Euro followed suit, but hopefully it did.

BenedictGomez

Also means that if this snowstorm DOESNT happen, the skiing is going to stink until the next warmup, which could be several days.

BenedictGomez

Canadian model still showing a potential 5" to 7" event Tuesday night.

GFS about 3" to 6".

NAM is too far away to capture, but you can project it's going to have at least 4" or more.

Euro I havent seen in a few days, but it was similar to the Canadian before.

I find it odd nobody in the media is talking about this, normally they would be by now at least saying "possible snow".

This pane would be all snow for VT, all snow the western 1/2 of MA, and most of NH (rain when you get south towards the ocean)

P1_GZ_D5_PN_108_0000.gif

fbrissette

Canadian model still showing a potential 5" to 7" event Tuesday night.

GFS about 3" to 6".

NAM is too far away to capture, but you can project it's going to have at least 4" or more.

Euro I havent seen in a few days, but it was similar to the Canadian before.

I still see 6 inches of real snow for Northern Vermont. What's your take BG ?

BenedictGomez

I still see 6 inches of real snow for Northern Vermont. What's your take BG ?

Havent looked today, but it seemed like 4" to 6" on all the 00z runs, Really depends on how soon the cold air coming from the NW gets here. If if gets here a few hours earlier than modeled, it could be a decent storm, if it ges here a few hours later than modeled, it's virtually nothing. But either way it seems funny to me how nobody seems to be talking about this. I feel like the > the uncertainty the < mets talk about weather. lol. Run and hide sort of thing.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Yeah, seriously. I don't think there are too many mets that want to be the guy talking about more snow this year. It will melt quickly.... Oh what's that?... It is barely going to get above freezing during the day on Wednesday. I can see the social media now :spin::razz:

BenedictGomez

Place your mountain snow bets:

GFS = mostly rain, 3" or so of snow
NAM = mostly rain 4" or 5" snow
Canuck = mostly rain 4" or 5" snow
UKIE = rain then about 8" snow
EURO = rain, then 3" or 4" snow

BenedictGomez

It has been raining like a bastard all day here @Smuggs. That cold front & some snow cant get here soon enough or I imagine the damage will be too severe for most of the woods to hold up.

BenedictGomez

3.5" so far at the base and dumping. Looks like this will hit 6" at the base, hopefully more up top.

Not sure if skiing tomorrow would be wise though given everywhere got sopping wet today followed by 22 degree temps right now.