• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rest of the season plans

dlague

We have officially entered the end of season game planning stage!

Our plans are
MRG on Saturday
Cannon next Saturday
Jay Peak next Sunday
Killington two more times
Sugarbush free weekend in early May
Jay Peak Mother's Day weekend

What are your plans?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JDMRoma

We have officially entered the end of season game planning stage!

Our plans are
MRG on Saturday
Cannon next Saturday
Jay Peak next Sunday
Killington two more times
Sugarbush free weekend in early May
Jay Peak Mother's Day weekend

What are your plans?

Nothing really nailed down other than Cannon Both days this weekend and Saturday of Next........the rest is up in the air !

ScottySkis

see how i do at Hunter this weekend. If all gies good then me Mount snow with great dsliscount now spring rates on VERMONT CARD LIKE 80$ ROR weeknd.

xwhaler

Very likely done at a very satisfied 25 days after Sunday at Cannon. Time to start getting the boat ready......

Edd

Plans are fully weather dependent. If its sunny and warm when I'm not working I'll ski. This Sun and Mon are looking good for me but I'll skip Tue even though I have it off because the forecast isn't looking great.

Conditions in spring are binary, IMO. They either suck or they rock. Making plans ahead of the forecast doesn't make sense to me.

BenedictGomez

Saturday = Smuggs
Sunday = Smuggs
Monday = Day off / catch up on work
Tuesday = Washout before a potential nice snowstorm hopefully
Wednesday = Jay or Stowe
Thursday or Friday = Jay or Stowe
Saturday = Smuggs 1/2 day maybe for last runs of the season.

GF has never skied Stowe, and if that $49 deal is something we can jump on I cant pass that up to show her the place.

Edd

GF has never skied Stowe, and if that $49 deal is something we can jump on I cant pass that up to show her the place.

I did a road trip with the GF last year hitting ski areas spontaneously. We hit Stowe but they had Spruce shut down which was a bummer since that side of the place is much more her speed. It was her first time there.

WWF-VT

Which weekend is that? Did they announced it somewhere? Or is that something they do every year?

Not a free weekend. For the past few years the final day that the mountain is open has been a free day. Usually it's dowm to Steins and Coffee Run for the last trails that are open.

dmw

Not a free weekend. For the past few years the final day that the mountain is open has been a free day. Usually it's dowm to Steins and Coffee Run for the last trails that are open.

WWF, do you know how Sugarbush typically winds down spring ops ? IE - will they run all the Lincoln peak lifts as long as conditions hold out, limit weekdays, anything like that? I have 2 weekday vouchers I'm hoping to use, just not sure when I can make it there or what to expect if it takes me another week or 2.

snoseek

Well, I'll be back in NH for the summer in a couple days but honestly I've had my fix for the year so im kinda on the fence about paying for a ticket at this point. Forecast looks pretty nice for Monday, I'm off and should scour the cheapskate thread for sure. Or I could skip all that noise and just hike to tux. Or just ride mtb? I think I start work Tuesday?

drjeff

Last 2 days of Mount Snow's season this weekend.

I might get a couple of Killington days next weekend if my wife takes the kids to NYC for some sight seeing

Kleetus

Unfortunately have a business trip to northern Germany starting Saturday night. Contemplating skiing Sunapee early Saturday before heading home to catch my flight Saturday evening. Really wish I could ski MRG or Sugarbush this weekend but unfortunately too far to make an early evening flight out of Logan.

Once I get back next Saturday thinking maybe Stowe for Easter Sunday but will keep my options open.

BenedictGomez

Another reason why I'd really like to get to Stowe for a day. This was from today.... LOOK at ALL those BUMPS! :-o

1965539_10151952726347382_5314124929878256688_o.jpg

snoseek

^^^^^YUMMY...are they still running full price right now?

WWF-VT

WWF, do you know how Sugarbush typically winds down spring ops ? IE - will they run all the Lincoln peak lifts as long as conditions hold out, limit weekdays, anything like that? I have 2 weekday vouchers I'm hoping to use, just not sure when I can make it there or what to expect if it takes me another week or 2.

Usually Lincoln Peak lifts run as long as conditions permit on a daily basis. Currently there is great snow cover including Castlerock but you never know what can happen over the next few weeks.

dlague

Which weekend is that? Did they announced it somewhere? Or is that something they do every year?

They have done that the last two years three years ago the mentioned it but it got too warm and canceled! Generally the first weekend in May on Stiens Run

Last edited:

Savemeasammy

Another reason why I'd really like to get to Stowe for a day. This was from today.... LOOK at ALL those BUMPS! :-o

1965539_10151952726347382_5314124929878256688_o.jpg

So. Very. Sweet. Looks awesome!

I am at Cannon this Sunday and Jay next Saturday (weather permitting). The Beast is also on the menu, as is tux. The what else and when is tbd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk