• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington field report 4/13

Despite the pouring rain on 89 this morning, the sky is now clearing above the Canyon and Killington peak. Snow quality is pretty great, though a little wet. Like wet buttah. Really glad I didn't stay home. I might need that sunscreen after all. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397402105.043047.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thetrailboss

Staff member
Hmmm......looks and sounds like you're having a similar weather weekend there. I heard it was in the 70's there yesterday.

49 F and rainy/cloudy here in SLC. Not a great day in our mountains I imagine after we hit 77F in SLC yesterday. Pretty soft at Deer Valley yesterday.

What's open at Killington? Good cover?

Cover is pretty good, though they've lost a good deal since last week. I'm a bumps skiers so my trail report is biased, but powerline, old superstar, dream maker, OL, and flume are open and awesome (a little dodging bare spots on flume). Big Dipper and the woods off of Superstar have good cover. About to go check out Vertigo and stitch line.

HOWEVER. I just noticed the Umbrella bars are closed, which is half the reason to come to K...

4aprice

Another good day for me at Killington today. Lazy breakfast with the rain but it stopped at 10 and the sun was out by 11:30. Started with Needles Eye bumps or what's left of them then Vertigo which was a blast. Back into the basin with Escapade, Cascade and Dipper Woods. Tried to go into the Light but found that the tree trash was just too much. The amount of pine needles down literally stopped one as they tried to ski down and we decided it was just too dangerous to go down and skied out. Downdraft t2b was excellent. Pretty tired from the heavy snow and bumps all weekend so after lunch decided my season would end with a top to bottom run. Hiked up to Catwalk again like yesterday and continued on to the rocks on top to enjoy the view. It was then Catwalk down to High Road, Launch Pad and finally Ovation. A fantastic finish to a fantastic season.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ