• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 4-18 ?

JDMRoma

Anyone up for Cannon this Friday ? Getting it before the wet weather comes back on Saturday !

Quietman

I will be there, looking forward to hitting the trails one last time. What are your planned arrival times? I'm thinking around 9:30 for me.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I'm looking to get there around 9 or 9:30. Will be in a group of three, so if anybody is flying solo, or in a group with an odd number and wants to meet up for the 2-for, PM me.

abc

2-fer? Do they still honor that at the $29 ticket level? That would be quite a steal at $14.5 each. Might be worth dragging my tired butt up early...

I'm flying solo, not sure I'll be able to make 9:30 though. Right now only aiming for ~<10 (hopefully before)

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
2-fer? Do they still honor that at the $29 ticket level? That would be quite a steal at $14.5 each. Might be worth dragging my tired butt up early...

I'm flying solo, not sure I'll be able to make 9:30 though. Right now only aiming for ~<10 (hopefully before)

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I thought they were doing 2-for $72 for the rest of the season.

See everyone up there.

JDMRoma

I guess sometimes when a trail is closed, it's closed for a reason.

you could have gone a little to your right, would have been fine to ski out.

Guess we missed you today....Front 5 skied like spring, top skied like mid winter...closed trails...well you summed that up pretty well :)

Quietman

What a great day!! BIG thanks to Puck it and JDMRoma for allowing me to tag along with them today, and for the Tuckermans Ale before I went back up for a couple of last runs. Believe it or not, riding up the Cannonball quad at 3:50 was a very cold ride with the strong winds, not quite what I was expecting on April 18th!
I wasn't really keeping track, but I believe that we hit every open trail with the exception of Tramway (upper Cannon was just too much fun!). Puck it is a great tour guide! The upper 2/3 of the mountain has very good cover, with only a few thin spots on the run outs near the bottom. As JDMRoma said, the frontside trails softened up nicely, while the top half of the mountain skied more like early March. Here are a few pics:

Morning base shot
Cannon1.JPG

Cannonball
Cannon2.JPG

Zoomer
Cannon3.JPG

Gary's
Cannon4.JPG

Last edited: