• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fox 44 Card Results

dlague

We purchased 2 Fox 44 cards ($125 each) this season and of the ten resorts we hit - Suicide Six, Jay Peak, Burke, Smuggs and Cannon. So our average was $25 per visit! I am happy with that result but there were a couple more we could have hit like Owls Head and Middlebury (just for the sake of it) which could have made it just over $17. If available next year we will probably consider it again.

Question is - How did others do that purchased this card?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Suicide Six, Smuggs and Burke. Gave the rest of the card to Tin to enjoy the rest of when my season got derailed by a foot injury.

So, I got burned by pre-buying, but that's the risk you take. I plan on getting the card again next year and use it more to its full potential.

BenedictGomez

Suicide Six, Smuggs and Burke. Gave the rest of the card to Tin to enjoy the rest of when my season got derailed by a foot injury.

So, I got burned by pre-buying, but that's the risk you take. I plan on getting the card again next year and use it more to its full potential.

That's a $41.66 average lift ticket.

It might not be, "Skiing on the Cheap" approved, but it's hardly getting "burned" I'd say.

deadheadskier

Staff member
That's a $41.66 average lift ticket.

It might not be, "Skiing on the Cheap" approved, but it's hardly getting "burned" I'd say.

The comment about getting "burned" was more about the injury than the money. I had the time off and plans to ski Middlebury, Owl's Head, Jay, MRG and Cannon in addition to the three I made it too. I didn't get to use the card as intended because I got hurt. By the same regards, I didn't get to use any of the deals on the RideandSki New England card or the Saddleback voucher that came with it. So, I got "burned" by pre-buying that card as well.

If I was concerned about the money, I would've tried to sell the card and remaining mountains usable on the card as some have done on these forums. Also would've tried to sell the Saddleback voucher......though the person I gave it too has bought me beers when we've hung out since. It all comes back around.

Savemeasammy

Despite being bit by the injury bug 3 times this year, I will still roll the dice and get one of these next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin

Thanks again Deadhead. It's not going to waste. I need to buy a couple next year. Hope they stay at the same places.

xwhaler

First time buying the card and I felt it was well worth my while. Used it 4 times (MRG, Smuggs, Burke, Cannon) so $31.25/visit.
Going in I figured I needed to go 3 times minimum in order to effectively make it the same cost as SkiVT vouchers.
Had hoped to get up to Jay but it wasn't in the cards.
Sent mine to MadMadWorld last week so he can enjoy free late season turns.

I'll be getting it again next yr---be interesting to see if they add/remove any mountains.

MadMadWorld

First time buying the card and I felt it was well worth my while. Used it 4 times (MRG, Smuggs, Burke, Cannon) so $31.25/visit.
Going in I figured I needed to go 3 times minimum in order to effectively make it the same cost as SkiVT vouchers.
Had hoped to get up to Jay but it wasn't in the cards.
Sent mine to MadMadWorld last week so he can enjoy free late season turns.

I'll be getting it again next yr---be interesting to see if they add/remove any mountains.

Jay this weekend for sure. Thanks again to everyone who decided to give up vouchers instead of selling them. With a rugrat at home, money is tight and without everyone else's generosity I would not have been able to make as many late season turns. One of the many reasons this forum has been so successful!

dlague

And which was your favorite?

I think this is all relative! Jay Peak is my home mountain where I grew up - so biased! Burke is my second mountain besides Jay Peak - so biased there too. We did have great days at both! Just don't like the QBurke thing!

Cannon - we we hit the best possible spring day possible and had a blast. It was not quite 100% open but the conditions, bluebird sky and temps all were in alignment - great experience!

Suicide Six was kind of cool with some decent "short runs". It is a racers mountain and the lodge is to small for the number of people. The racers think they own the place and have shit all over the place not to mention move other peoples stuff. It was OK!

Smuggs - we cuaght a bad day! Rain followed by a hard refreeze with limited terrain not due to lack of snow but due to everything being frozen. We made the best of it in any case! My wife? We she does not want to ski there again where I am willing to give it one more try. We are not big fans of the double/slower chairs! First trip there, super long lift lines everywhere with 1-2 runs for every hour of skiing. This time the weather did not cooperate! Add in that it takes nearly 3 hours to get there! I need to hold that one close to the vest and pick a better scenario or it will be history in our family!

One of the many reasons this forum has been so successful!

This forum is great for paying it forward, finding cost effective ways to hit the slopes, meet other winter obsessed people and to trade stories and debate!

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
If all goes to pay, the average cost will be just under $16 per ski day (8 days). I've left Jay for the last as I know they were going to be the last to close in that 10 areas.

Going to Jay Easter weekend, but we are staying at the resort, so I'll have to go back. Its okay, I'll still have time, they are talking about trying to reach May 11.

Only 2 ski areas not skied :

Titus NY (which I actually night skied on New Year' Eve - blacked out). I could have skied Titus on my way back from Ottawa from Vermont on April 6, but preferred to ski Owl's Head.
Suicide Six (I wanted to combo with Pico, but I couldn't make it down.

MRG : February 14
Middlebury : March 12 (during our March Break with family - skied MRG following 2 days)
Burke : March 26
Smuggs : March 27
Cannon : April 2 (skied the previous day at Waterville for $1)
Owl's Head : April 6 (at MRG the previous day)
Gore : April 12
Jay : hopefully before closing.

So I started extremely late and skiing wasn't great in January. Plus I was skiing local on weekends until the ski programs ended. So yes, I'll love to get one again next season if they do it again.

I have a fellow Canadian from Montreal that only managed to hit Middlebury, Smuggs and Owl's Head I believe.

dlague

If all goes to pay, the average cost will be just under $16 per ski day (8 days). I've left Jay for the last as I know they were going to be the last to close in that 10 areas.

Going to Jay Easter weekend, but we are staying at the resort, so I'll have to go back. Its okay, I'll still have time, they are talking about trying to reach May 11.

That average is near perfect! That is what I was shooting for but I am still happy with my results of $25 per visit. As for Jay Peak on Easter Weekend - we will be there later Saturday and skiing on Sunday. If you want to catch up for a run or two or even a trip to the Tower Bar on Sunday PM me.

Zand

Only got Suicide Six and Burke, then got a job working 8-5 Monday-Saturday with no desire to do anything on Sundays so my ski season pretty much abruptly ended in February.

MadMadWorld

Are there any mountains on the card besides Jay that are still open? Smuggs, Cannon, and Gore were all put to rest yesterday.

Cornhead

Used Cannon, Jay, Burke, and Gore, so with the handling charge about $35 a pop, happy with that. So happy to get back to Burke, it's been a few years, awesome mountain. Got to ski Mittersill on the first day it opened this year, pretty cool.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2