• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2014 Bruins playoff thread

thetrailboss

Staff member
Disappointing end to a really good regular season. They had stretches of dominance in this series where they just couldn't bury the puck but they also had lots of moments where MTL just looked faster and where they wanted it more.
It will be interesting to see if Iginla and Shawn Thornton come back next yr as they are both UFA's.

So the morning after....

I was more upset at the Bruins last night than the Canadiens. The latter I thought had some good breaks in the series and took advantage of them. They had a lot of times though when they looked like the Keystone Cops in front of their own net and their goalie bailed them out. There were also times when Price gave up a lot of rebounds but Boston just didn't press the issue.

This was Boston's series to lose. I felt like they were not there last night and didn't want to play. When MTL scored first I was really worried because Boston just seemed to give up. They had no drive. I'm quite bummed...probably not as shocked or bummed as last season when it seemed like in the closing minutes of Game 6 that there was going to be one more game and then *boom* it was over. I'd rather see this then endure two more close series to see them deflate. I did not think that MTL was the better team it's just that they were more motivated.

JimG.

Staff member
So the morning after....

I was more upset at the Bruins last night than the Canadiens. The latter I thought had some good breaks in the series and took advantage of them. They had a lot of times though when they looked like the Keystone Cops in front of their own net and their goalie bailed them out. There were also times when Price gave up a lot of rebounds but Boston just didn't press the issue.

This was Boston's series to lose. I felt like they were not there last night and didn't want to play. When MTL scored first I was really worried because Boston just seemed to give up. They had no drive. I'm quite bummed...probably not as shocked or bummed as last season when it seemed like in the closing minutes of Game 6 that there was going to be one more game and then *boom* it was over. I'd rather see this then endure two more close series to see them deflate. I did not think that MTL was the better team it's just that they were more motivated.

A agree with this...even at 1-0 the game was bit unwatchable. Too many blown chances by both sides.