• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Am I the problem?

BenedictGomez

Do hipsters ski

Only if it can be done in a highly visible, smug & superior manner.

I'm guessing the most up to date version of this chart would show some more growth of Leinenkugel's, as they sold a ton of summer shandy last year and made a big name for themselves with it

Only because Miller promoted the absolute **** out of it though. You couldnt go to a Mormon convention last summer without seeing Leinenkugel.

Used to be a good summer beer. Since being bought out by Budweiser and brewing moved to Newark, NJ it is now just Bud in a green bottle.

Nothing good ever happens after a move to Newark, NJ.

Just ask the Devils.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ha! But now that nobody cares that I tele, and I still choose to do it, all the cognitive dissonance is giving me existential dread!

;)

totally joking and I glad you and a couple of others got the parallel I made between hipsters and tele skiers.

Domeskier

I do envy the way they can dress like it's 20 below year round. I would very much like to be able to ride the subway in gloves from April to October. But not those fingerless hipster gloves. No - something thick and heavy and likely to attract unwanted attention from the department of mental hygiene.

Steve@jpr

Industry Rep
Industry Rep

Only because Miller promoted the absolute **** out of it though. You couldnt go to a Mormon convention last summer without seeing Leinenkugel.

Nothing good ever happens after a move to Newark, NJ.

Just ask the Devils.

(Props; that was funny)

twinplanx

Wasn't this thread about Jay Peak at one time? Something about an obnoxious group of shlubs on the tram...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

fbrissette

Wasn't this thread about Jay Peak at one time? Something about an obnoxious group of shlubs on the tram...

This all changed when it was discovered that the said schlubs were drinking PBR. Now, the shlubs are those who don't like PBR like VTKilarney. Me, I changed my avatar to be with the cool crowd.

VTKilarney

This all changed when it was discovered that the said schlubs were drinking PBR. Now, the shlubs are those who don't like PBR like VTKilarney. Me, I changed my avatar to be with the cool crowd.
A Canadian drinking PBR? Does your version, brewed in Guelph by Sleeman Breweries, even count as PBR?

fbrissette

A Canadian drinking PBR? Does your version, brewed in Guelph by Sleeman Breweries, even count as PBR?

I've never had PBR in Canada (in fact, my first one was in Beaver Pond last week-end), but based on other beers sold both sides of the border, it should be similar but with a higher alcohol content. It is a well established fact that we canadians handle our beer better than are fellows south of the border.

dlague

I've never had PBR in Canada (in fact, my first one was in Beaver Pond last week-end), but based on other beers sold both sides of the border, it should be similar but with a higher alcohol content. It is a well established fact that we canadians handle our beer better than are fellows south of the border.

There you go another PBR Jay peak connection! BTW you guys have a three year head start! I come from a town on the Canadian border and all the 18 year old "adults" headed to Sherbrooke to drink Brador (my favorite as a teenager - wait did i just write that?), Molson and Labatt Blue (my favorite)!

twinplanx

I just want to know. Would you have drank that random PBR, if you didn't read all the hype here first? I like Molson and all, but the whole "imported from Canada" thing doesn't impress me enough to pay more for it...