• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Am I the problem?

BenedictGomez

You are making my weekend plans difficult. I was debating between Stowe and Killington. Now you are making me rethink things. 2 hours to Cannon, 2:30 to K, 2:45 to Wildat, 3:00 to Stowe, 3:30 to Jay. I'd be driving up Saturday evening to ski Sunday.

You're debating a delta of 1.5 hours?

We are different human beings. I do NOT have the luxury of having ANY decent tree skiing less than FOUR hours drive (Gore) from me, so do not expect any sympathy from this corner of the internet.

MadMadWorld

Woods were ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC today, certainly exceeding my expectations for April 18. And certainly after skiing Smuggs earlier in the week where lower level glades like Poacher's Woods were done.

Beaver Pond
Show Off
Timbucktoo
Canyonlands
Expo Glade
Kitz Woods
Hells Woods

The above are what I can recall doing today, and ALL of them held solid snow with little to no bare spots. The worst was Show Off glade where I think I narrowly escaped a core shot, but honestly even that wasnt that bad.

As for groomers, the snow if nice and soft. Some very large ice patches, but so what.....it's mid-April.

If you're even debating where to ski this weekend, Jay > 1000% Smuggs' limited Sterling terrain right now.

Everglade or Staircase?

I will be getting in my last day of tree skiing if anyone is around let me know. I promise I won't challenge you to a ski off.

BenedictGomez

The most offensive thing about this pic is the quality of the beer. I can't unsee that.

Good observation. The beer tells it all. No class.

Absolutely. That was always considered (as it should be) a nasty-tasting, crap beer only consumed by people who cant afford decent beer. Mock worthy were you seen drinking it. Then a funny thing happened in a douchebag pocket of Brooklyn where hipsters* started drinking it thinking it's cool to drink such cheap beer and they used it as an "accessory item" for their pseudo-poor bohemian lifestyle. Now, young 20-somethings who dont know any better actually purchase this stuff on purpose, which is simply amazing.

* The most obnoxious part is that they tend to be rich suburban kids who are the offspring of hedge fund managers from Greenwich or Stamford, CT, pretending to be poor and with such a "hard" life, but that's another subject for another day.

BenedictGomez

Everglade or Staircase?

I didnt do them (which made me sad), but I'm sure they were in fantastic shape too given everything else was. I was skiing glades alone (dont judge me), so I didnt want to go into the really long glades like Everglades or Staircase.

BenedictGomez

I must suck at the "Where's the PBR can". For some reason I can't find it in the picture.

It took me FOREVER to find the beer in that picture. I even thought perhaps it was an inside joke or something, but nope, it's there.

The remarkable thing is that even though you cant find the beer, you (correctly) know the crap beer is PBR.

deadheadskier

Staff member
So, what you're saying is, there's no actual can, just an assumption that PBR is the groups preferred schwill.

Cornhead

I couldn't find it either, where's Waldo? I must admit, I was looking for a PBR...or a Schlitz...or a Milwaukee's Best...Keystone Light. Anyone old enough to remember "Basic" beer? A six pack of Basic beer, and a pack of Basic smokes, could life get any better than that? A nickel of Mexican perhaps? High times in the trailer park.;)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

dmw

I legit prefer PBR to other cheap American beers. I'd choose it over Bud any time.

Cannonball

Absolutely. That was always considered (as it should be) a nasty-tasting, crap beer only consumed by people who cant afford decent beer. Mock worthy were you seen drinking it. Then a funny thing happened in a douchebag pocket of Brooklyn where hipsters* started drinking it thinking it's cool to drink such cheap beer and they used it as an "accessory item" for their pseudo-poor bohemian lifestyle. Now, young 20-somethings who dont know any better actually purchase this stuff on purpose, which is simply amazing.

* The most obnoxious part is that they tend to be rich suburban kids who are the offspring of hedge fund managers from Greenwich or Stamford, CT, pretending to be poor and with such a "hard" life, but that's another subject for another day.

As a heavy consumer of PBR I would take offense to this, if I gave the slightest crap what you think.

Savemeasammy

Truth. You guys dissing PBR really sound like pretensions assholes.

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Ouch. This is a bit harsh!

I used to drink cheap beer once upon a time: bud, coors light, regal select (has anyone else heard of that one?!), etc. Over the years I tried different stuff, and now I drink mostly ales and ipa's. Hopefully it doesn't make me a pretentious a-hole when I politely decline the offer of a cheap beer, it's just that it genuinely doesn't taste good to me now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edd

Truth. You guys dissing PBR really sound like pretensions assholes.

Guilty. But I can't change the fact that the beer sucks. Nothing I can do about it.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cannonball

I used to drink cheap beer once upon a time: bud, coors light, regal select (has anyone else heard of that one?!), etc.

I think the difference is that the first 2 aren't actually that cheap, they are just bad. PBR is equally bad, but at $5.99 for a 6-pack of tall boys I won't pass it up if I'm looking to swill some lighter weight alc.

twinplanx

I used to drink cheap beer once upon a time: bud, coors light, regal select (has anyone else heard of that one?!), etc. Over the years I tried different stuff, and now I drink mostly ales and ipa's. Hopefully it doesn't make me a pretentious a-hole when I politely decline the offer of a cheap beer, it's just that it genuinely doesn't taste good to me now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prehaps you'd prefer to be called a beer snob. Politely turning down a cheap beer is one thing, going off on some "hipster" bash is pretensions.