• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big announcement from Gore by the end of the month.

St. Jerry

Guesses? I'm going with HSQ to replace triple and fixed grip triple or quad to replace High Peaks lift.

Highway Star

I heard they are going to build a Gore-Whiteface Interconnect, so that if you want to do any real skiing, you can hop on the interconnect and head over to Whiteface. Its going to be an above and below ground high speed monorail, ride time approx 10 minutes.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
The Adk Express is being replaced with a chair that is very similar to the Burnt Ridge Quad. The only reason this isn't announced officially is because it came "this close" to happening last year, but didn't. Don't want another false start.

The plans for the triple and the dark side haven't changed in two years:

http://nyskiblog.com/gore-capital-improvements-next-steps/

Parts of the triple are likely to be used on the dark side, but that will not happen this year.

BenedictGomez

I heard they are going to build a Gore-Whiteface Interconnect, so that if you want to do any real skiing, you can hop on the interconnect and head over to Whiteface. Its going to be an above and below ground high speed monorail, ride time approx 10 minutes.

Gore is awesome.

It's the lack of anything to do after you ski or and no place nice to stay that are the drawbacks. I'd love a 10 minute underground train to Lake Placid, I'd stay in Lake Placid and ski at Gore on days when Whiteface is Iceface (i.e. approximately 60% of the season).