• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"Speed Riding" Taken to a Whole New Level

dlague

Sports will push things to new heights every year - imagine what extremes will be in 10 years!

skiNEwhere

Well I'm sure the lift mechs will be more than pleased to have to re-inspect that entire haul rope now.

octopus

that guys pretty good with the chute. yeah, barely touching that steel cable probably compromised it:roll:

thetrailboss

Staff member
those towers don't come up too fast now do they.........also not someone who you would buy used ski's from:smash:

That's what I never understood about grinding, riding rails, etc. I would think it destroys skis.

skiNEwhere

that guys pretty good with the chute. yeah, barely touching that steel cable probably compromised it:roll:

From a management standpoint, I think you'd have to inspect that to cover your own ass

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
As if strapping boards to your feet and sliding on ice down a slope that's closer to vertical than horizontal isn't enough...
...or riding in chairs during 50mph winds suspended 50ft up with nothing but a narrow steel "safety" bar isn't enough...
...or parachuting hundreds of feet in the air suspended by nothing but straps and rope isn't enough...
...then let's combine the three!

SkiingInABlueDream

I'm not convinced he's really riding on the rope, even when the skis do touch it. I think he's gliding with the parachute (very skillfully) and lightly touching down on the rope. Impressive stunt and video in any case...

C-Rex

That's some seriously impressive parachute skills! I kept waiting for a rogue gust to blow him into one of the lift poles.

ceo

He does note that he practiced this stunt extensively, and that the lift is a 30-year-old triple that's been out of service for a year and scheduled to be dismantled in a month. (I had been wondering about that; it looked like a fixie but had no chairs on it.)