• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing/snowboarding Bromance??

abc

I'm hoping to extend that to some Mountain biking trips or perhaps a good hike.
I also belong to AMC, which is the largest hiking/mountaineering club in the northeast. But I don't go on their trip often enough to actually know the "usual" participants/regulars. So for me, that's really the same as meeting AZ'ers.

We're going into the wilderness following someone who hopefully knows the area a little, or a lot. Though more often than not, there're some of the participants are equally (if not more) familiar with the area we were going into. So there's a big comfort level as a group that we're "in good hands" (emphasis on the plural).

It's the oldest form of "crowd sourcing"

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Yeah - like this...

And this last one is compliments of our friends at TGR:

PBR.jpg

gladerider

what's been said here are all so true. online forum for ski nuts is what my wife call it. ha.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I can honestly say that I've met some great people from AZ. Before I moved out west I ran into quite a few folks on the slopes...some took a run or two...some skied many days with me. A few that come to mind include riverc0il, Greg, bvibert and his wife, deadheadskier, BeanoNYC, Andy Zee (RIP), Mister Moose and the Killington folks, JimG, the original trailboss (I will admit to knowing him long before AZ as we are related ;) ), Bob R (miss you, man!), Chilemass, from the NEK (another guy I knew before but got to know a lot better), and many others.

In February 2007 I organized an AZ Day at Burke. This new guy named Snowmonster said he was coming. We began Emailing about the trip and he seemed like a really nice guy. I called him the day before...he was so excited. I've never met someone as excited about skiing as him. He had a huge grin every run. Well, I skied with him a couple more times that season and many more since then. Burke, Sugarbush, Sugarloaf, Killington, Tux, Mount Washington, Snowbird, Alta, Deer Valley, Canyons. Many powder days. I was thrilled to have him in my wedding, really honored to have him as my Godfather for my daughter. I miss the guy. He's back in the Philippines but I know he will be back to Utah soon.

So bromance, sure. Good word for it. Folks in here are overall pretty nice.

Savemeasammy

I can honestly say that I've met some great people from AZ. Before I moved out west I ran into quite a few folks on the slopes...some took a run or two...some skied many days with me. A few that come to mind include riverc0il, Greg, bvibert and his wife, deadheadskier, BeanoNYC, Andy Zee (RIP), Mister Moose and the Killington folks, JimG, the original trailboss (I will admit to knowing him long before AZ as we are related ;) ), Bob R (miss you, man!), Chilemass, from the NEK (another guy I knew before but got to know a lot better), and many others.

In February 2007 I organized an AZ Day at Burke. This new guy named Snowmonster said he was coming. We began Emailing about the trip and he seemed like a really nice guy. I called him the day before...he was so excited. I've never met someone as excited about skiing as him. He had a huge grin every run. Well, I skied with him a couple more times that season and many more since then. Burke, Sugarbush, Sugarloaf, Killington, Tux, Mount Washington, Snowbird, Alta, Deer Valley, Canyons. Many powder days. I was thrilled to have him in my wedding, really honored to have him as my Godfather for my daughter. I miss the guy. He's back in the Philippines but I know he will be back to Utah soon.

Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

The perfect story!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone