• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 4/22/14

reefer

Killington 4/22/14
Spring like temps and conditions with overcast skies

Finally got a day to myself and got out there. Very unfortunate low day count this year. Had some quality days but not enough. I will never let life get so busy again during ski season………..
Glad I went because K was awesome. Plenty of variety for this late! East Fall, Double-Dipper, Downdraft and Escapade were all great up top. Ovation, Superstar, Skylark and Bittersweet were all great off the Supe. Soft bumps could be found everywhere. Didn’t check out Mouse Trap. I see the Gondi is closed today. The Cascade run out was hurting. Sounds like they want to open it again, hopefully for Friday because I plan on going up again. Plenty of snow on all the trails I mentioned except one spot on Lower Ovation. Skied 10-3 when the sprinkles started. Couldn’t have taken another run………………………

powhunter

Nice report Reef...Monday was pretty good too,,Post up if ur going Friday,,might have to burn a vaca day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steamboat1

Excellent coverage. I've been out of the loop for a bit, did they set a closing date yet?

From the horses mouth.

Mike S wrote:

Superstar – will stay open as long as possible. To me this means, if we can still charge guests for skiing, then we will stay open. If you have to walk through three water bars and the experience is not something we can charge for, it is time to close. We followed this plan last year (and gave free skiing the last day since walking was required).

reefer

Nice report Reef...Monday was pretty good too,,Post up if ur going Friday,,might have to burn a vaca day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely going tomorrow (Friday). Weather looks sweet and the K1 is scheduled to be open!