• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The PBR Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeungling is definitely closer to Domestic in style than craft. Would it be worth it for distributors to bring on another domestic style beer? Maybe, but the focus up there (especially the Northern part of the state) is towards craft.

Would it be worth if for Yeungling to transport their beer from their brewery to a distributor in VT? Doesn't sound like it will happen anytime soon. From their website

Yuengling is currently distributed in Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, and West Virginia.
If the demand is present, why won’t Yuengling enter more states?
Yuengling is a regional brewery that has manufacturing facilities in Pottsville PA and Tampa FL. It simply is not logistically feasible to transport beer outside of our current footprint.

gmcunni

Yeungling is definitely closer to Domestic in style than craft. Would it be worth it for distributors to bring on another domestic style beer? Maybe, but the focus up there (especially the Northern part of the state) is towards craft.

Would it be worth if for Yeungling to transport their beer from their brewery to a distributor in VT? Doesn't sound like it will happen anytime soon. From their website

Yuengling is currently distributed in Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, and West Virginia.
If the demand is present, why won’t Yuengling enter more states?
Yuengling is a regional brewery that has manufacturing facilities in Pottsville PA and Tampa FL. It simply is not logistically feasible to transport beer outside of our current footprint.

no idea what effort it takes to open a new market but reading that list of where it is available today and thinking of the demographics of Southern VT during ski season you'd think a lot of people who like YL at home would want to buy it when on vacation (at 2nd home). of course they can bring it with them but that's a pain when packing the car for trips every weekend.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It varies by state. Some states such as NH, first you need the state to approve of your product coming on board. For that to happen a local distributor will have to want to carry it and lobby for it's approval by the state.

Vermont may not have as many loopholes. There it might just be a matter of Yeungling finding a distributor that they can partner with and deciding if the business is worth it. The distributor would have to decide if it's worth it as well. It's more than just bringing the product in and making it available for stores.

The distributors fight over shelf space and tap lines like crazy. So, is it worth it to them to have a Sales Representative make the case for the Shaw's in Ludlow, VT to carry Yeungling at the expense of losing shelf space of another one of their beers. Maybe it will be popular enough to supplant a beer from another distributor, maybe not. When Yeungling came to Massachusetts, there was a MASSIVE advertising campaign for the product launch that helped make it successful. Would they be willing to make the same investment in VT for such a tiny market and a seasonal one at that? Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

drjeff

When at Bromley, I honor the heritage of the Pabst family!

Attachments

• 1439667207090.jpg
    1439667207090.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 44

BenedictGomez

I bring Yuengling to my gf's family in n.VT because they like it and cant get it up there. Didn't realize it wasn't anywhere in VT.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I bring Yuengling to my gf's family in n.VT because they like it and cant get it up there. Didn't realize it wasn't anywhere in VT.

My Brothers freinds in Maine put in their requests when they know he's making a trip back to Pa.

Had a party recently and picked up another little known Yuengling product "Lord Chesterfield Ale "
Smooth and cheap for the quality

Puck it

This came up looking for another PBR pic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PBR.jpg
    PBR.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 38