• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The PBR Thread

thetrailboss

Staff member
Because it needs its own thread after PBR has appeared in at least two unrelated threads.

Love it? Hate it? Have at it.

solitude-02102014-5.jpg

a-bum-dog.jpg

DSC035291-168x300.jpg

PBR+Bycatch.jpg

TEMP-Image_1_2-e1352236877667.jpg

PBR-Skis-204x1024.jpg

And this last one is compliments of our friends at TGR:

PBR.jpg

Quietman

When Puck it offered me a beer after skiing with him at Cannon on 4/19 is said sure, thanks. I would have been fine with a PBR, but the Tuckermans Ale was a nice surprise (thanks again Puck it!). I have paid $4 for craft beers at bars that I would have happily exchanged for a PBR. 3 of the 5 beers on last falls Sunday River Brewery sampler were worse than PBR in my opinion. 4 years ago, I gladly attended $1 PBR night (cans) at a bar in South Carolina and enjoyed my $5 worth. To be honest, PBR is not my cheap favorite, and when I do drink cheaper beer I prefer Yuengling. Stay thirsty my friends! (I always thought that this was the strangest marketing tagline for a beer.)

the whole Powdahol issue has me really going now with my kids, warning another thread shift...

Last edited:

dmw

So you're saying there's beer in the Cannon woods if you know where to look? Nice!

Riverskier

Swill, slightly worse than Bud. I guess if you like Bud and beers of that style it is a cheaper alternative. I would rather pay a few dollars more for something that actually tastes good. Not saying I would turn a free one down if offered though!

jimk

I'm old enough to remember purchasing cheap beer in the 1970s at $1.03 a six pack. It was called Blatz...and that was the sound that you made throwing up if you drank too many. Back then in the mid-Atlantic the other cheap beers were Schaefer, Iron City and several others. Milwaukee's Best came on the market soon after. PBR was around then, but if I remember correctly it actually cost more on par with Bud, Schlitz or Miller High Life; i. e., a medium priced American beer. It's funny how so many beers have either disappeared or moved up or down the price scale. Schlitz was huge back then and it's dead or almost dead now. I am not a beer connoisseur, but I downed my share over the years. Often wet and cold was my only criteria. I enjoy the craft brews now like many folks, but would never turn down a free cheap beer if I was in the mood and somebody offered. PBR was never a favorite and it is kind of humorous to me that it now has some kind of "cool" cache. It's funny how those things happen. Of the cheaper widely available beers in my region I guess I would agree with Quietman that Yuengling is my favorite. They say it's the oldest brewery in America, but I never heard of Yuengling before about a dozen years ago.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It is good but not great. On par with Sam's or little worse.

Anyone ever have Old Style? A Chicago favorite.

Genesee Cream Ale - Anyone?

I had some Old Style while visiting inlaws in Chicago last year. It tasted like ginger ale.

Glenn

I'm in. I dig PBR.

I dressed up as a PBR delivery guy for Halloween and wore the costume to the office. My boss and I hit the local diner that morning and one of the waitresses said to me: "Oh, I've never seen you in your work clothes before!" :lol:

dlague

I think we should all change our avatars to PBR stuff/logos!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone