• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The PBR Thread

Puck it

attachment.php

Attachments

• PBR-Art.jpg
    PBR-Art.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 285

twinplanx

Someone mentioned Russian ownership of PBR in this thread. The heavy malt flavor was also brought to my attention by this thread. Around the same time Yuenglings wrapped up there lawsuit against Anwiser Bush and were awarded the label of America's Oldest Brewery. I always liked 'lings but now I feel downright patriotic drinking it. And it's price makes me happy purchasing it :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Someone mentioned Russian ownership of PBR in this thread. The heavy malt flavor was also brought to my attention by this thread. Around the same time Yuenglings wrapped up there lawsuit against Anwiser Bush and were awarded the label of America's Oldest Brewery. I always liked 'lings but now I feel downright patriotic drinking it. And it's price makes me happy purchasing it :)

Yuengling is great

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
Depends on distribution agreements. NY is right next door to PA where it is brewed, so that makes sense. Apparently it was available in MA about 20 years ago, but it didn't sell well, so they stopped selling it in the state. It was reintroduced two years ago and does well now.

I'd be surprised to see it in VT. Such a craft focused market there that I doubt it would sell well enough to be worth their while.

gmcunni

I'd be surprised to see it in VT. Such a craft focused market there that I doubt it would sell well enough to be worth their while.

lots of coors and bud in the stores in VT, i'd think that would be the market YL is part of rather than craft beers.. .but i have very pedestrian taste in beer, coors light is my standard beer.