• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush Season Finale - May 4, 2014

WWF-VT

Ski Resort: Sugarbush

Date: May 4, 2014

Weather/Conditions: Sun, clouds, rain , mixed precipitation including snow, temps in the lower 40's. Spring conditions with everything from soft snow, groomed cream cheese, moguls, fast grass and more.

Report:

Sunday was the final day of lift served skiing and riding at Sugarbush. The Super Bravo and Heavens Gate lift were running with top to bottom terrain open. The groomers and ski patrol did a helluva job patching together different sections of trails to allow Sugatbush to offer as many trails as they could with variable conditions. I skied on Saturday which was a warmer day with more people on the mountain and the rain held off until late in the day. Sunday morning it was around 40 degrees and there were periods of sun and blue sky on some runs while the top of the mountain was socked in with clouds. I did the 10 AM to noon shift on Sunday. There power went out at the mountain about noon and it took a few hours before the lifts began spinning again. At 12:30 the rain started and I was ready to call it a day and end to the season. For the final day Steins was still in great shape. I didn't bother going up Heavens gate as I had skied Ripcord on Saturday. I had a good time at Sugarbush this year skiing from mid November to May 4th.

Here's what was left of Murphys Glade/Birdland:

Murphys Birdland.jpg

Spring Fling:

Spring Fling.jpg

Steins:

Steins 0504.jpg

Steins on the way down :

Steins May 4.jpg

WWF-VT

Everyone hopes for a sunny spring day with temperatures in the 60's on the final day. That's not always the way the season ends so I was happy to get out on the last day regardless of the weather. I can now move on to summer and look forward to the 2014-15 season in November.

Some running water in Lower Organgrinder:

WP_20140504_006.jpg

"Challenging" spring conditions:

WP_20140504_007.jpg

Glenn

Cool TR. Glad you made it out. It's nice to say that you skied in May this year.

bzrperfspec77

Way to get it Todd! I will be back next year. My fiance (wife next ski season) loved Sugarbush when we were there and wants to go back. Hopefully I will get together with you and get a good tour!