• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

People are real scum bags

JimG.

Staff member
My wife thinks I'm paranoid because I lock things up; I would never leave my keys or wallet somewhere that others could access them.
I think that comes from living in NY.

That said, what happened to your daughter really sucks. Maybe the woman who stole her car will find her meds and try to get high from them and overdose. That would be fitting.

Puck it

They have her on video from the drug stores and the description from the gym matches the video.

Cornhead

Wow, what a case of the stars aligning in a bad way for your daughter, I hope she aces her finals in spite of the situation, sorry it cost you a day at K too, bastards.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

BackLoafRiver

Man....what an f'ed up situation. I am sorry for your daughter. Hopefully Karma catches up to that bitch who stole her stuff.

Puck it

Talked to the gym again. They are supposed to check name and gym number upon entering the gym. The employee that night did not do a proper check of it. The woman signed in with a fake name and valid memership number and obviously they did not match. This was told to the police also. I am speaking to owner since if the procedure had been followed, she would not have been allowed in.

Glenn

What a mess to clean up. I hope things get recovered. The violation is just terrible.

I'm one of the few that lock my locker at the gym. I leave my car keys in there. They had a problem at my gym with cars being broken into back in the fall. People were leaving valuables out in the open. You can never be too safe.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Wow, that sucks. what a jerk. Insurance pretty much covers that full scenario at least? Let us know if they catch the person!

I've wondered this before. It seems it would be pretty easy to walk into a gym and find some keys and just go take the car, especially with remotes that flash the lights or beep the horn so you can quickly identify the car you are going for.

JDMRoma

Wow, Yes that totally Blows....Hope everything comes back and they are caught.

Puck it

Car was found last night in Dallas Tx. The woman and another man were arrested. The same woman that was on the videos in Stoneham. The woman had been doing this at other Planet Fitness gyms. We do not know anything about the damage to the car though.

wa-loaf

Car was found last night in Dallas Tx. The woman and another man were arrested. The same woman that was on the videos in Stoneham. The woman had been doing this at other Planet Fitness gyms. We do not know anything about the damage to the car though.

That's a long way to go! Glad they caught her. How do you get the car back from Texas?

deadheadskier

Staff member
How has your insurance responded to the situation? Are they being jerks and saying your daughter is partially at fault for not having the keys secured?

I wonder if Planet Fitness will drop the key peg board. I know since this has happened, I've stopped using the board at the local PF where I'm a member and have encouraged others to do the same.

Puck it

That's a long way to go! Glad they caught her. How do you get the car back from Texas?

Letting the insurance company handle it. They will contact the Dallas PD and then see if it needs to held for evidnece there and find out what damage there is from an adjuster.

Puck it

How has your insurance responded to the situation? Are they being jerks and saying your daughter is partially at fault for not having the keys secured?

I wonder if Planet Fitness will drop the key peg board. I know since this has happened, I've stopped using the board at the local PF where I'm a member and have encouraged others to do the same.

No problems yet from them.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Wow, I didn't know they did this at all planet fitness. The downside to remote entry, I guess. Anonymous unbranded keys would be so much harder to find a car like that. I'm normally pretty easy going in terms of leaving keys and wallet and stuff around, even though I know I shouldn't be.