• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

People are real scum bags

Puck it

Car is finally out the impound yard in Dallas. Auto Salvage company says that it looks okay and it should be going on a transport today.

wa-loaf

Car is finally out the impound yard in Dallas. Auto Salvage company says that it looks okay and it should be going on a transport today.

Get a thorough detailing to get the meth smell out ...

Puck it

Car is back.

Can't be driven. Windshield is shattered. Passenger door won't open. One vent and plastic trim broken. Dings and dents all down both sides. Cigarette burn in head liner.

The best part are both plates are gone and the MA inspection sticker. All of the manuals are gone. Also all of the personal items are gone.

wa-loaf

Auto Salvage company says that it looks okay

Car is back.

Can't be driven. Windshield is shattered. Passenger door won't open. One vent and plastic trim broken. Dings and dents all down both sides. Cigarette burn in head liner.

The best part are both plates are gone and the MA inspection sticker. All of the manuals are gone. Also all of the personal items are gone.

Auto Salvage company is obviously also on crack.

ScottySkis

I been going to Planet Fitness and have learned from a corrections officer that his stuff was stolen from locker and a police officer at same by the same people it was on video and they never got their stuff back. so i leave my wallet and phone in car and only lock up unvalubable stuff and i keep my keys in my pocket.s

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Car is back.

I could never trust that car again...Who knows what they did to the engine...totally sucks!

hammer

Car is back.

So hopefully the insurance will consider it a total loss? They should be on the hook to return it to the condition it was in before it was stolen...

AdironRider

Considering, outside of annoyance, all those issues add up to like maybe 1k worth of work, its not going to get totaled. Just because it was stolen and is a major pain in the ass does not mean you get a new car.

Good luck proving that cigarette burn wasnt there also.

This is a crappy situation all around, glad you were able to get the car back though, although its about the worst outcome for you (outside of them getting nabbed) as you wont be getting new wheels/ a check.

hammer

Considering, outside of annoyance, all those issues add up to like maybe 1k worth of work, its not going to get totaled. Just because it was stolen and is a major pain in the ass does not mean you get a new car.

Good luck proving that cigarette burn wasnt there also.

This is a crappy situation all around, glad you were able to get the car back though, although its about the worst outcome for you (outside of them getting nabbed) as you wont be getting new wheels/ a check.
Think that's a bit more than 1K worth of work...and if the insurance company is half decent they won't get into arguments over whether any of the damage claims are legit. You have a point about the amount of damage but one can always hope. Will definitely make it more difficult to sell or trade the car in later but any accident can do that.

Puck it

I wouldn't expect his premiums to go up. He wasn't at fault.

Comphrensive claims do not affect rates.

Looking at Chevy Cruze for her since we get a friends and family discount for GM. We saved $7000 on the Caddy in December with this. It looks like a $3K to $3.5K off a Cruze MSRP for us.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Give her your current FJ and get a new one for yourself before they're discontinued. Dad deserves a new ride more than daughter for dealing with all this BS. :lol: