• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

People are real scum bags

Puck it

Arbella is now asking me how to get car back and to call Dallas impound and wait on hold. WTF.

This is going to be a nightmare getting car back.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Arbella is now asking me how to get car back and to call Dallas impound and wait on hold. WTF.

This is going to be a nightmare getting car back.

Man that sucks.

BTW how did they catch the thief? Routine traffic stop?

Puck it

Domestic dispute and the boyfriend ratted her out for stealing cars in New England. He did get arrested for something though. That is the good news as the car was not used in a crime down there. Which met it would be impounded as evidence.

What at gets me is the car was stolen and I have to pay (insurance company) to get it out. F'ed up.

ScottySkis

How woild gou be held for $ when car was stolen and you have proff that makes no sense. youtalk to your local police department may be they have answers.

hammer

That sounds like their job. Tell them you're going to take a cab to Dallas and going to send them the bill for the fare.
If you get a company to ship the car (did that many years ago for a car I didn't want to drive across country) can't you claim the charges under comprehensive insurance?

Also, I'm guessing that the insurance company wants to get the car back to you as soon as possible since it's sitting in an impound lot and the fees will add up over time...

Puck it

If you get a company to ship the car (did that many years ago for a car I didn't want to drive across country) can't you claim the charges under comprehensive insurance?

Also, I'm guessing that the insurance company wants to get the car back to you as soon as possible since it's sitting in an impound lot and the fees will add up over time...

everything is covered by insurance company except my deductible.

Puck it

Looks like the contents of the car are covered by homeowners. So I am subject to two deductibles ($2k total). I am definitely filing small claim against gym and also restitution in the crriminal case.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd be surprised if PF would even bother going to trial and just cut you a check. They screwed up big time. It would be one thing if an actual member who was properly checked in stole the keys as you leave them on the peg board at your own risk. But, because it was not a member who stole the keys, they're 100% at fault IMO.

Puck it

I'd be surprised if PF would even bother going to trial and just cut you a check. They screwed up big time. It would be one thing if an actual member who was properly checked in stole the keys as you leave them on the peg board at your own risk. But, because it was not a member who stole the keys, they're 100% at fault IMO.

My point exactly. We have a lawyer friend and said that we should prevail in small claims with this fact.

The owner gave me the corporate line as they were not responislbe as I figured he would.

Glenn

I believe Planet Fitness locations are franchised. So you'll probably be dealing with a local owner vs. someone back at corporate.

hammer

Looks like the contents of the car are covered by homeowners. So I am subject to two deductibles ($2k total). I am definitely filing small claim against gym and also restitution in the crriminal case.
What's your comprehensive deductible? If it's $1000 you may want to look into a $500 deductible, if Arbella's pricing is similar it isn't much of a premium increase. I found that out after I had a run in with a deer...

Otherwise hopefully you will be able to get back the deductibles from the gym and/or the person who stole the car.

Puck it

What's your comprehensive deductible? If it's $1000 you may want to look into a $500 deductible, if Arbella's pricing is similar it isn't much of a premium increase. I found that out after I had a run in with a deer...

Otherwise hopefully you will be able to get back the deductibles from the gym and/or the person who stole the car.

For older people, yes. Not when you have a 20 year old on the policy.

hammer

For older people, yes. Not when you have a 20 year old on the policy.
You might want to check on that...my comprehensive premiums are fine with younger drivers (have a 21 YO and a 17 YO with their own cars), it's the collision premiums that are the steep ones. I do keep a $1000 deductible on collision on all cars, but then take the waiver to reduce the chances of being out that amount.

Puck it

You might want to check on that...my comprehensive premiums are fine with younger drivers (have a 21 YO and a 17 YO with their own cars), it's the collision premiums that are the steep ones. I do keep a $1000 deductible on collision on all cars, but then take the waiver to reduce the chances of being out that amount.

true