• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

People are real scum bags

Puck it

Give her your current FJ and get a new one for yourself before they're discontinued. Dad deserves a new ride more than daughter for dealing with all this BS. :lol:

I thought about that all ready. We would be a three FJ family then and one SRX. She wants something good on gas since she is now commuting to school and her botyfirend lives in Vermont

wa-loaf

Looking at Chevy Cruze for her since we get a friends and family discount for GM. We saved $7000 on the Caddy in December with this. It looks like a $3K to $3.5K off a Cruze MSRP for us.

Isn't that the car that got recalled because it killed a lot of people?

deadheadskier

Staff member
That was the Cobalt, not the Cruze. Dealing with that issue for my elderly neighbor right now.

hammer

That was the Cobalt, not the Cruze. Dealing with that issue for my elderly neighbor right now.
Makes me glad we bought the used Focus for my daughter instead of the Cobalt she also liked...

Just make sure you get/have good tires or dedicated snows, the Focus was pretty lousy in the snow last winter so it will get a new set of tires soon.

JimG.

Staff member
Makes me glad we bought the used Focus for my daughter instead of the Cobalt she also liked...

Just make sure you get/have good tires or dedicated snows, the Focus was pretty lousy in the snow last winter so it will get a new set of tires soon.

Oh I see...Ford Focus.

For a second I thought you said Pinto.

AdironRider

Car was totalled today by Arbella. They giving us $14k for the car.

Damn, sounds like there was more damage than you thought.

Best case scenario for you. Bad guys get nabbed, you get a check and dont have to deal with what is basically now a lemon for all intensive purposes.

Good work man, seems these days you never hear solid resolutions.

Also, I'm pretty sure its state by state, or company by company, because I've been in a not at fault accident before and my premiums increased, I was also 16 at the time, so maybe that was it.

AdironRider

It killed allegedly 13 people, and its was kinda sorta partly their fault for carrying around bricks on their keychains. Correct it was a Cobalt problem and the Cruze is unaffected.