• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

BenedictGomez

Yes I remember Mansfield being a little more lax than over at Spruce Camp.

The people who sell lift tickets at Spruce are typically better trained and know more about tickets deals, rules, etc... because that's where the ski school is, beginners are, and a bit more of the customer-service focus is placed.

steamboat1

BenedictGomez

dlague

Got a good one for Jay today:
http://local.amazon.com/seacoast/B0...386_101_na_s1_&ref_=pe_628140_123201070_sh_fd
Works out to $58/night including lift tickets and lodging plus waterpark passes.

It actually works out to $69.54/night if you read the fine print, but that's still really cheap. Looks like you can only select December at that rate though.

I've never heard of "Amazon Local" or AMZN selling vacation deals, is this somewhat new?

Considering if you book 2 days or more they will give you extra ticket for skiing and the water park for the day you arrive! That makes the deal even sweeter! Nice find!

However it is a midweek play in December and March!

Last edited:

steamboat1

Whiteface ski club/council appreciation days.

Dates: December 7 & 8 2014
January 9 2015
February 2 2015
March 1 & 2 2015
March 29 & 30 2015

Price: $38 for each person with a valid club or Ski Council Card * and Photo ID to qualify for the discounted rate.

Pre registration is required by an officer of the Ski Council or Club. Please contact us at groups@whiteface.com or by calling (518) 946-2223 x214

Zand

*Anxiously awaiting the sale of Fox44 cards*

Gonna get a couple this year I think. Such a terrific deal.

Edd

I've never heard of "Amazon Local" or AMZN selling vacation deals, is this somewhat new?

Yeah it's popped up in the last year or so. Groupon competitor, I think. I had both of those apps on my phone for most of the year and never used them. Where I live isn't densely populated. I speculate that folks who live in cities can more easily find a use for these services.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

BenedictGomez

*Anxiously awaiting the sale of Fox44 cards*

Gonna get a couple this year I think. Such a terrific deal.

How do you find out about it? In 2012, by searching I see they dropped it on November 9 (FB & Twitter), but it doesn't seem as though they advertised it online last year.

Zand

How do you find out about it? In 2012, by searching I see they dropped it on November 9 (FB & Twitter), but it doesn't seem as though they advertised it online last year.

Heard about it in last year's thread...pretty sure it was around the first week of October.

mbedle

If you are local to Burlington, VT and ski Stowe, you can talk with some Stowe reps and receive a $49 lift pass.

Stowefest on Church Street in Burlington, VT
Thu, September 11 — Sun, September 14
Stowe Mountain Resort presents Stowefest on Burlington's Church Street, an annual event where you can talk to representatives from Stowe about the Stowefest promotions including a day of skiing at Stowe for $49 when you sign up for Resort Charge* and enter-to-win opportunities for prizes such as skiing and snowboarding gear.

- See more at: http://www.stowe.com/activities/calendar/798/#sthash.hiMS4paD.dpuf