• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

BenedictGomez

Descente Passport info is out....

Lots of new places, and lots of places dropped. 31 total. East includes Gore, Whiteface, Belleayre, Nashoba, Bretton, Pico, Bear Creek (PA).

It gets slightly worse just about every year. Pico is again the only VT resort? Sheesh...

abc

That's just the list of the resorts but not the deals.

Last year, it was almost all mid-week 2-for-1. Not much of a deal since those are available pretty often.

skiNEwhere

Does that decente passport deal work for future seasons? Or only the season you buy the jacket?

dlague

The best WM deal out there!

Warren Miller movies have started announcing their ticket/giveaway schwag
This is for Portsmouth NH which I may attend

-FREE LIFT TICKET TO SUGARBUSH

-2-FOR-1 LIFT TICKET TO GUNSTOCK MOUNTAIN RESORT

-FREE LIFT TICKET TO ABENAKI SKI AREA

-FREE LIFT TICKET TO SMUGGLERS’ NOTCH

-SKI AND RIDE FREE AT STEAMBOAT

-$100 OFF A PURCHASE OF A SINGLE ITEM OF $250 OR MORE AT PUTNAM'S

Buy this week and get $4 off each movie ticket.

mbedle

What is interesting is that each show apparently has different benefits. This is for a show in NJ:

11/5 - 8:00

Presale tickets available Sept. 8th. Check warrenmiller.com for details.

Ticketholder Discounts:

-FREE LIFT TICKET TO GORE MOUNTAIN

-FREE LIFT TICKET TO WINDHAM MOUNTAIN

-2-FOR-1 LIFT TICKET TO KILLINGTON RESORT

-20% OFF ONE FULL-PRICE SNOW HELMET OR SNOW GOGGLE AT REI

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Probably will be at the Warren Miller film in Morristown, definitely will be at the one in Bethlehem, PA.

Film Tour: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

Northampton Comm. College, Lipkin Theater

3835 Green Pond Road
Bethlehem, PA18020

Get Directions

Friday11/07/2014Tickets07:00 PM
Saturday11/08/2014Tickets03:30 PM
Saturday11/08/2014Tickets07:00 PM

This show is being presented by an Independent Promoter, please contact Kevin Manna with Northampton Community College at kmanna@northampton.edu or www.nccWarrenMiller.com for more details.

EVENT DESCRIPTION

Elk Mountain and Buckman's Ski and Snowbaord shops are this show's primary sponsors.
Elk Mountain provides a lift ticket voucher for ALL attendees.
Tickets can also be purchased at Buckman's.

BenedictGomez

Probably will be at the Warren Miller film in Morristown, definitely will be at the one in Bethlehem, PA.

The Elk Mountain ticket they give away is early season and late-season. And "late season" at Elk Mountain might not even exist.

danger.jpg

What is interesting is that each show apparently has different benefits. This is for a show in NJ:

11/5 - 8:00
Presale tickets available Sept. 8th. Check warrenmiller.com for details.

-FREE LIFT TICKET TO GORE MOUNTAIN
-FREE LIFT TICKET TO WINDHAM MOUNTAIN
-2-FOR-1 LIFT TICKET TO KILLINGTON RESORT

-20% OFF ONE FULL-PRICE SNOW HELMET OR SNOW GOGGLE AT REI

This one is pretty good though, but the Devil might be in the details.

Sugarbush will be solid - M-F
The Gore may or may not be open to Jan 31 or early/late
The Smuggs is probably for those 4 or 5 once-per-month Fridays only
No idea about Windham or Killington

I'll probably buy tickets to this if we can get some clarity.

The show in Manhattan you should 100% go to though (I bought both showings the deals were so good last year).

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
The Elk Mountain ticket they give away is early season and late-season. And "late season" at Elk Mountain might not even exist.

danger.jpg

Hmmm. It's good to know, but I'd still be happy with an early season ticket to build my ski legs. I usually get 1-2 days in Dec, and then struggle in Jan once the snow starts to build. Elk is only 90 min from my house, so it's really convenient.

BenedictGomez

I pulled the trigger on the Morristown show (small venue and only 1 show, might sell out fast) after looking up the ticket restrictions, and they're not bad. Using the presale code, it was $18/ticket.

I'll try to trade the Killington free tickets for free tickets someplace else like Jay, Smuggs, Gore, Whiteface etc...

Now I need to buy tickets to both Manhattan showings.

<---SOTC Warrior

chuckstah

The Warren Miller showing at The Flying Monkey in Plymouth NH on Nov 28 comes with a Cannon ticket and a Sugarbush ticket. Two shows 4 and 7:30 pm $18 per ticket. I have not tried the presale password yet.

fahz

The details are available on the Warren Miller page.....

FREE LIFT TICKET TO SUGARBUSH

Everyone attending No Turning Back will receive a voucher good for One (1) FREE lift ticket to Sugarbush, valid Monday through Friday during the 2014–15 winter season. Offer NOT VALID 12.25.14 through 1.04.15, 1.17.15 through 1.19.15, and 2.14.15 through 2.22.15. Not valid with any other offers. No refunds. Non-transferable.

FREE LIFT TICKET TO GORE MOUNTAIN

Everyone attending No Turning Back will receive a voucher to Gore Mountain good for either: a) One (1) FREE lift ticket valid from Opening Day 2014 through 12.12.14 OR 3.22.15 through Closing Day 2015; OR b) One (1) 2-FOR-1 lift ticket valid 1.02.15 through 3.22.15, NOT VALID 1.17.15 through 1.19.15 and 2.14.15 through 2.22.15. No refunds. No cash value. Non-transferable.

FREE LIFT TICKET TO WINDHAM MOUNTAIN

Everyone attending No Turning Back will receive a voucher good for One (1) FREE lift ticket to Windham Mountain, valid from Opening Day of the 2014–15 season through 1.13.15 OR 3.07.15 through Closing Day 2015. Offer not valid the following holiday blackout dates: 12.26.14 through 1.04.15. Not valid with any other offers. No refunds. Non-transferable.

FREE LIFT TICKET TO SMUGGLERS’ NOTCH

Everyone attending No Turning Back will receive a voucher good for either: a) One (1) FREE lift ticket to Smugglers' Notch, valid ONLY 12.19.14, 1.09.15, 2.06.15 OR 3.13.15 (redeem at any Smuggs ticket windows); OR b) buy One (1) adult 3-Mountain, full-day lift ticket and receive a lift ticket of equal or lesser value FREE. Expires 4.06.15. Free ticket must be used on same day. Valid on single-day ticket only. Not valid with any other offer or discount. No cash value. Not for resale. Not valid holiday blackout dates: 12.26.14 through 1.04.15, 1.17.15 through 1.19.15, and 2.14.15 through 2.22.15. Cashier code 999134 (buy1get1) or 999148 (free). For more information: 800.523.2754 or smuggs.com.

2-FOR-1 LIFT TICKET TO KILLINGTON RESORT

Everyone attending No Turning Back will receive a voucher good for One (1) 2-FOR-1 adult lift ticket to Killington Resort, valid from Opening Day 2014 through 12.14.14 (excluding 11.28.14 and 11.29.14) OR 4.06.15 through Closing Day 2015. Both tickets must be used on the same day. Not valid with any other discount offer. No refunds. No cash value. Non-transferable.

This one is pretty good though, but the Devil might be in the details.

Sugarbush will be solid - M-F
The Gore may or may not be open to Jan 31 or early/late
The Smuggs is probably for those 4 or 5 once-per-month Fridays only
No idea about Windham or Killington

I'll probably buy tickets to this if we can get some clarity.

The show in Manhattan you should 100% go to though (I bought both showings the deals were so good last year).[/QUOTE]